Safety

Scarlett's POV

"Scarlett, we need to talk," Miah said as he strolled into our bedroom. I was currently playing with Xander, but set him aside on the bed as he sat down.

"You and Xander need to leave. I'll come find you shortly, but you need to leave and be far from Wayne manor," he stated sternly.

"You're saying... I can leave?" I raised my eyebrow and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Don't try to escape me .You have our child. You're smarter than that"

"Than why-"

"My plans for Bruce Wayne are happening shortly and I can't risk you guys getting hurt"

"Jeremiah... what are you going to do?" I asked with uncertainty.

"He's my very best friend, Scar. If we can't be bonded by love, then I will have to resort to bonding by hatred." He shrugged and I held in a breath.

"Don't you dare hurt-" he grabbed me by the throat.

"Scar, love, you know I adore you darling but you don't tell me what to do and I won't hesitate to teach you-" Xander started crying and Jeremiah immediately let go. I stood up and dragged him to the floor and pressed a knife against his neck.

"No no no you've got it all wrong, darling. You lay a hand on me again I will fucking slice your neck open with zero hesitation especially in front of our fucking child. Who do you think you are?!" I yelled at him and he started to laugh but quickly shut up when I pressed the knife harder to his neck.

"I will be leaving with Xander, and if you don't shape up then you will never find us, and I mean that," I threatened before getting off of him and grabbing Xander.
————
(A few hours later)
"I'm sorry, you want me to what?" He asked in disbelief.

"I need you to babysit, Xander. Just for a little while. I trust you to keep him safe and I think you forget, Ed. That's your nephew."

"Wait I'm his uncle?" his eyes lit up. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I told you this." I really can't wait for Xander to grow up and his whole family be nation wide known psycho criminals. Lovely.

"Fine, but we're reading books!" He said taking Xander in his arms. "Oh my, he looks just like you." He smiled and I returned it.

"I owe you one," I said and before I walked out he called out to me.

"Please be safe. This precious child needs his mom since his pale psycho of a dad is hardly around." I nodded and continued on my way.
————
I walked out into the narrows after changing my outfit. I was in all black leather with my hair pulled up. I had all my weapons stocked up and I'm ready.

"Scarlett?" I turned on my heel to see Bruce. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Bruce!" I yelled and ran toward him, engulfing him in a hug. "I was looking for you."

"What? Why?"

"Jeremiah's up to something. I'm here to help I can't see you getting hurt," I said and he smiled at that and there was something hidden that I couldn't see before he hid it with a friendly smile.

"Thank you. Want to tag along, then? I'm looking for Alfred," he stated in a worried tone. I nodded and we continued in the direction he was headed.

He stepped on a newspaper and picked it up. I froze when I saw it.

"Thomas and Martha Wayne murdered"

"Uh, Bruce," I stuttered pointing at the wall and he looked up and we both stared in awe at the building covered with the same newspaper before our attention caught laughter from behind us.

We spun around to see a couple walking and talking, Bruce followed them and of course I followed suit.

I had a bad feeling about this. Something about them looked shockingly familiar. It made me sick.
————-
Word count- 662