Insanity

Scarlett's POV

I arrived at Jeremiah's house around midnight the next night. I knocked on the door and looked at the camera before the door opened on it's own. Weird. Usually Ecco would be here.

I headed straight for his office in the bunker. We needed to talk about Jerome's stupid message and plan for his brother. I need to make sure he was okay. When I walked inside the place was a mess.

"Jeremiah," I asked softly as I walked into the room. "What happened?"

I heard a deep laugh erupt from his mouth. He turned around and looked at me with a dark smirk.

"Jerome made me... Jerome," he stated and looked down in confusion. I walked over to him and held his hand in mine.

"You've said it yourself, Jer... You're nothing like Jerome," he scoffed before shaking his head as he continued to look down., eyes darting everywhere.

"You're right," he stated and looked up at me with an evil look before pressing me against the table and resting his hands on either side of me. "I'm better"

That's when I realized what Jerome did... The insanity gas, of course!

"I know why you're here, Scarlett," he whispered in my ears. "Jerome made us partners. This means you'll be around me all the time."

"Hmm, I'm sure," I raised my eyebrows and tried to push him away but he just pushed me harder against the table. Okay, that's it.

I kicked him off of me before I grabbed him by the collar and threw him onto the desk, breaking a few glassware in the process.

"Let's get something straight," I sneered at him. "You are not Jerome. I am not Jerome. We are ourselves. Cut the bullshit. You're stronger than this," I stated and he laughed.

"Who says this wasn't me all along, my darling Daisy?"

"It's not."

He laughed manically. "Yeah, you seem sure," he said sarcastically. "Besides, don't you like me like this? I mean I knew you always liked a little crazy, baby. Now I'm better for you. For us. For this city. We can rule it... together."

"Who says I want to do that?"

He leans in closer to me and whispers in my ear. "We both know you need more since Arkham. More... Chaos."

I push him back down. "You don't know anything on how I feel."

"We both know thats not true, baby. I know how you feel because a lot of the times," he moves his hand down lower on my body. "I'm the one to make you feel that way."

I grab his hand and burn it a little as a warning. He backs off.

"You are not Jerome. You're fine and quite frankly stronger than this so it's very disappointing to see. Get it through your head that you are NOT in charge of Gotham. You're Jeremiah. If you try I will stop you... even if I go crazy in the process." I muttered the last part and took a step away from him. He started manically laughing.

I sent him an annoyed smirk before wrapping my hand around his neck.

"You think it's funny? Let's see how funny it is when you push me too far. We'll see who is laughing then," I threatened before letting go and taking a step away from him. "I'm taking up your guest bedroom. We'll talk in the morning," I stated before turning and walking away. "Maybe you are Jerome... You both annoy the hell out of me."

As I left through the door I heard him say one last thing: "It's funny because you won't go crazy in the process... if you already are?" He laughed again and I rolled my eyes before walking to the guest room.