Couples Therapy

Scarlett's POV

He tied my cousin up above the large jar of chemicals at ACE. I sat, with my feet dangled over the side of the bridge after assuring her it would be okay and that I'll jump in after her if needed, to which Jeremiah threatened me if I even tried it.

"Our son," he started as I looked at the green below me.

"Don't start," I snapped.

He pulled me back to the ground by my hair and straddled me, glaring at me. "No, Scarlett. I WILL start. That was our child. How can you look me in the eyes and tell me you don't care that he died!" he roared. I rolled my eyes and his hand snapped to my neck.

"I never said I didn't care. It's been ten years. You choose now to be upset about it? To be upset with me?"

"I have a lot of reasons to be upset with you," he growled. I kicked him off me and jumped to my feet.

"Oh I'd love to hear this. How? How do you have the right to be upset with me?!"

"I loved you!" he screamed in pure anger and I flinched. "You, you left me. You said you'd never leave me and I had to find out from a guard that you ran off w-with Bruce!" he pointed. He was really furious with me but I would not fall for it. He's trying to make me guilty. Make me give in like I used to.

"Jeremiah I-"

"That's not my name. You don't have the right to call me that," he snapped. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, then listen asshole," he gave me a warning glare but I didn't back down. "It's your fault. It's your fault I can't love a monster. It's your fault our son is gone. It's your fault you didn't get to see him grow up. It's. All. Your. Fault," I yelled as I got closer.

"We," was all he said and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"You said I didn't get to see him grow up. It's supposed to be we," he stated.

FUCK.

"Oh," i started but didn't finish my sentence as he pushed me against the bar staring into my eyes trying to find something before kissing me. I loved the familiar warm feeling but immediately pushed him away.

Big mistake.

The bar broke, and i started to fall back, trying to grab onto his shirt. I heard my cousin calling for me, and in a quick motion he pulled me back and we both fell to the ground, me on top of him.

We stared. We just stared.

Then we kissed. We kissed and this kiss was so passionate it was us trying to make up for the ten years of absence.

Before I came to my senses. I slowly pulled back and gave him an ice cold glare, but looked at him in confusion to see him smirking.

"Before you deny what just happened you should know that was a distraction," he laughed before kicking me off. I stumbled to my feet only to have my heart stop as I saw what was in his hands.

He held up Xander's 5th grade school photo.

"If our son is dead," he started. "Then who is this, my love?"

--------------

word count: 537