Blue Bird

After he received the required worksheet, Tord ran to his art class, which, against his wishes, was taught by a substitute.

Mr.Lodd was always there to teach his class, he had only needed a sub twice out of attending meetings, but other than that, he was always there.

Nonetheless, this mod was uneventful for Tord. The substitute, who we'll just call Ms.Screw-up because Tord didnt care enough to remember her name, and thats what she did best, had mispronounced Tord's simple last name, and instead of saying "Lar-i-son", she said "La-sone" Tord knew it would be a long day.

Besides that, Edd had sketched the cutest cat Tord had ever seen. With its big pupils and small,flattened sideways 3 of a mouth, softly pointed ears, and all of the fluff of a sheep. Tord, instead, had fun drawing a bird. He was pretty good at it too, going ham on the side of his hand, which at the end of the class mod, was covered in graphite and blue chalk pastels.

He was proud of his drawing, a blue bird, with its round fully black marble eyes, its small beak that appeared to smile, and its head turned to a tilt making it look so pure and innocent.

"reminds me of Tom." Edd commented , as they walked out.

"Huh?" Tord looked at his drawing, and then he didnt need answers, It was a slap in the face, it did look like Tom.

" Its blue, thats what his CC is. Tom also did a similar head tilt today at lunch." Edd often referred to their "Common Color" as their "CC"

"Also its eyes, if I ever see them." he laughed, he didnt know how Toms eyes looked like, no one did. But it felt right to say the birds eyes amd Toms eyes had some sort of connection .

"You've seen them?" Tord asked, curious on what they look like.

" Nah. " Edd shrugged. "do you think we'll ever see them?"

" maybe. "

" just maybe. "

~Time skip a few minutes into Tord's last class~

Tord sat there, his assignment done, sitting at the age of his desk, but in his hands, was the blue bird drawing he'd done.

it did look like Tom. The top of its head, as Tord just noticed, had its small feathers pointed up, just like Toms hair.

Tord could only give a faint blush to think he was unconsciously drawing Tom. He had thought he was just drawing a little blue bird, just a bird.

but no.
it was so much more than that.

he sighed as he put the drawing in a sheet protector, to keep it from marking his other papers.He tilt his head back in his chair, looking up at the ceiling. Until he heard his name.

"Tord?"

He recognized the familiar voice, and his head shot up, causing some hair to fly in his face, he knew it was Tom, so he just looked up to him, with hair in his eyes, and put on a smirk.

Tom merely gave a friendly "tch" and stood there waiting at the side of Tords desk as he pushed the hair out of his face.

"whats up Thomas?"

Tom gave a questioning look about the longer version of his name, but he just got to the point. " I dont understand what happens when we dismiss. "

Tord looked at his phone, which was in his back pocket, in seven minutes, it would be time to leave.

"Its not rocket science." Tord shrugged " You just go to your locker and comeback"

"Why would I need to comeback?" Tom crossed his arms, not in frustration , but more like interest.