Reasons

Namki was walking back, Edd carrying the bags of food and Matt carrying Asha. Soke skipping backwards to make faces at Edd.

Namki smiled at the sight of everyone getting along. she nearly bumped into the doctor that attended Tord.

"Oh! I'm sorry." She glanced at the doctor, who was readjusting his glasses from stumbling back to not bump into the visitor .

"Its alright. You don't happen to be Tord's mother do you?" the man fumbled over his clipboard , checking the information about Tords guardians.

"Oh no, I'm not. Sorry." Namki frowned, now that she thought about it, Tord never really mentioned his parents.

" That's such a shame. The phone numbers attached as guardians aren't answering. And we need someone to y'know... "

"Be a parent in General. Get his medicine, make sure he's doing well, keep watch of him."

Edd and Matt had noticed Namki lacking behind, and had sat down on some chairs. Edd have her a thumbs up to take her time.

"I mean, He knows me well, I've taken care of him before."

The doctor hummed. "Yes, of course, I cannot assign you as a trusted member, his parents aren't available to ask permission. I'll just have to take a look at your records and get his consent about you before I can really tell you anything about his state." The doctor tapped his cheek with the pen .

"I have the time." Namki smiled.

The doctor returned the smile. "I'll check with him first then." He nodded her to follow and Namki waved a hand over to the kids to come aswell.

As they neared the room, Namki noticed how, unusually quiet it was, she'd at least expect some conversation between Tom and Tord, but it seemed to be silent.

The doctor, opened the door. a bit dazed by what he saw. He opened the door wide and slowly , Namki popped her head through and took two steps in the doorway after seeing the moment.

Tom had turned around, still rubbing Tords hand with gentle strokes, something he did to calm down Asha or Soke. He gave a sad smile at Namki and whispered something to Tord.

Tord, who was silent with his nose in the crook of Toms neck, looked up, managing to keep his eyes closed. He had gotten used to looking around with the bandage on and his eyes shut. But by instinct, he almost opened them.

"Namki?" He whispered , almost afraid that she saw him in this state.

"Hi baby boy" she smiled.

Before the doctor could say anything, Edd and Matt got curious and managed to peek in, Edd immediately dropped his bags and Matt carefully out Asha down, They both shoved through the doorway and ran over To hug their friend. Fortunately making him laugh as they whimpered like children.

The doctor smiled and reached in a nearby cabinet for bandages. He then waved over a nurse and said something along the lines of "An20gm" to her. She nodded and walked off.

"I think that's enough for me to classify you as trusted." His nametag read: Dr. Konji. Namki chuckled and looked over, Asha and Soke were now in the bed. Asha giving kisses on Tords cheek while Soke exploited Matt and how he was filling a cup and put in ice after filling the cup to the brim.

"You can't just keep him here?" Namki looked over to the the man in white.

He shook his head. "I could, but Mondays are usually our busy days, it's when most people come in bruised up from drunken fights that occur over the weekend."

He sighed. "Their a bit crazy, those paitents, they could potentially barge in rooms, I wouldn't want them getting to Larison and giving him a panic because he won't understand what's going on."