Learning

Tord woke up, he was tired, he needed to eat breakfast but he knew he wouldn't be able to hold it down.Besides, there was nothing to really eat. Tord often skipped meals out of being focused on work or not having anything to eat.

He put on a white shirt with a red cardigan, black pants and red and white shoes. he looked for his hair tie, he had fallen asleep with it on so it was out in the bed probably, he had more but didnt feel like getting them. He never cut his hair, he just didnt feel like it, plus it wasnt even that long, it was just barely touching his shoulders. A hair tie was all he needed.

But he couldent find it.
He went to his dresser for the small pack of 6 he had.
gone too.
'Mom you thief ' he thought.

he looked up into the mirror and sighed.
He'll just have to make due with the teasing
would Tom tease him?
Tord didnt care too much.

-Tom-

Tom had woken up by force, Asha was pulling his hair.

'Big brotherrrrr! " She whined.
"We're hungryyyyy" Soke joined in by saying this right into Tom's ear

"feeeddd ussss!"
" banana pancakesssss! "
"pleaseeee!"

almost every day was like this, wake up, make Asha and Soke breakfast, watch them get picked up by the bus from the mailbox, and walk to school with the leftovers. Namki had insisted on cooking breakfast for them, but Tom did not allow her to do more work for them, he loved her and thought she aleast deserves the morning to sleep.

"Alright Alright" Tom muttered, He had rubbed his eyes, and he saw Asha sitting on his legs pouting, and soke was chewing on his thumb.

Asha was 8 while Soke was 6, yet they both acted like toddlers.
"come on Ashes and Sock." Tom snickered as he walked to the kitchen in shorts and a grey T-shirt

" Dont call me sock! " Soke whinned. He hated the nickname. Asha didnt mind hers, when Tom first said it, she had brilliantly replied with "thats because im on fire." and then gave a laughing Tom more of the reason to keep using it.

" When you come back from school tell Nam to buy more bananas. " Tom started to mix the batter, as soke and Asha threw in the two bananas they mashed.

After cooking them breakfast, and some for Namki, Tom got dressed, put on his glasses and walked out with them to the mailbox.

he had a small brown lunch bag in his hands, two pancakes were inside, along with a small bag of blueberries and raspberries.

When the bus came, Tom hugged them goodbye, and waved to them as they sat down in their window seats, as the bus drove away, he began walking to school.

"Thomas!"
he turned to look behind him, where he could see Tord coming in a slow run. At one point, Tord stopped and clutched the side of his stomach.

"Aw shit" he whined. The pain was bad, he was already starving, but now it felt like he was punched in the gut.

Tom had hurried over "Are you okay?" Concern and a bit of fear in Tom's voice

" Im fine" Tord huffed, he needed more sleep, he had been yawning the whole way to Toms house and he felt like he wasnt getting enough air. "I just ran on an empty stomach. Bad Idea." he sighed .

Tom shoved the bag at Tord.
"Eat." it wasnt a question, but a demand.
" Tom im not gonna eat your food. "
"Ill be fine. You on the other hand, need to stop starving yourself, you did that yesterday at lunch, and you were clutching your stomach too." He argued in a motherly tone, he didnt like seeing people starve themself, he knew it was painful, and he didnt want anyone to feel it. Even if its an accident. No exceptions .