Babysitter

~Earlier, after school, Friday.~

Laddi sat on the floor, her hair a short, nappy, curly mess, a determined look on her face, her yellow knit sweater caught on her shoulders, her rectangular reading glasses slipping off the bridge of her nose, her eyes tired.

"LADDI!"

her ears perked up to the voice of her brother . She scrambled off the floor, tossed her glasses to the bed, filled with glee to hear another human being.

"MATTTYYYYY." she jumped on her brother, who was caught off guard . he was able to hold her up.

"I was so bored! and lonely!" she whined . "My model is 75% done but im 100% done with it! This is terrible for my extroverted selffff"

matt put her down. "K lil sis. Listen, Ive got a friend who needs his siblings-"

'are they his siblings?' matt thought.He guessed so.

"-To be watched, I told him you might like to-"

laddi screeched "Yes." and ran down the stairs to the door.

" laddi your in shorts and your barefoot go clean yourself up before I disown you as my sister! " Matt complained, grabbing onto the railing.

Laddi groaned. "Children Matt! The children need me!"

" The children need someone presentable as their babysitter! " he pointed sharply down the hallway to his right, to her room.

Laddi walked up the stairs, stuck her tounge out at her brother, and stomped to her room, slamming the door.

Matt screeched. "Stop being so loud! this is a town house!" he rolled his eyes.

" Your so sloppy in fashion! How can you be related to meee!? "

Laddi smiled behind her door, 'please.' she thought. 'Atleast im organized.' she looked to the floor for a brush. she eyed her model and the scraps around it, a mess.

'Atleast, I usually am.'

she shrugged, and began to comb out her hair, its roots blond, a few inches of the beginning of the strands also blond, and the rest dyed brown. all in a short curly bushy style.

Once she combed through it, she pulled on a pair of black leggings under her jean shorts. she put on yellow boots, her favorite ones with the laces up front, she could run in them. And a yellow sweater with a lazy bean-like bee print on it.

She grabbed her backpack and began to fill it with crayons, stickers, stuff she thought kids would like.

she wandered out her room slinging on her bookbag. Matt began to make a sandwich in the kitchen.

"Dont use all the bread Matt." she pouted with a glare. Matt had a habit of forgetting which toaster setting was for bread. And he often burned several slices for one sandwich.

"Its the first setting, I always have to remind you." she sighed and wandered over and pushed the knob to the first space.

he stuck his tounge out at her. She poked it with a finger and made him squirm.

she giggled at him hiding his tounge. "Where are you guys going this time?"

he hummed and put a finger to his chin after dropping two slices of bread in.

"Edd said something about a festival, I dont remember the name."

"Nork boat.." he began to mumble names. " Bork soat..no.. "

"North Oak?" Laddi smiled, her chin resting on the palm of her hand, she had sat down at the dinner table with her phone out.

matt snapped his finger. "Yes!" then the toaster went off, startling him. He reached for the toast.