Watchful

Tord didn't draw a crow.
No he didn't draw anything because his eyes began to hurt and sting again.

He didn't understand, maybe he'd call pat about it.

But then again, that would worry him, so no.

Tord walked out to be greeted by a bored Tom.

"AVID is so useless." He groaned.

They began to walk side by side down the hall, Tom acting casual as kids tried not to peer his way, Tord too focused on Tom to notice.

"All we do is take pointless notes. Like teaching someone how to use a toaster oven. Like thanks I knew the basics and you gave me some small help but it's actually worthless..." Tom continued his rant. Tord actually listening, surprisingly, still looking at him.

They arrived to 5th Mod. Tom sat in his seat which was actually pretty far from Tord.

Avery sat next to Tom.

Tord got up, annoyed as hell, and tapped on someone's shoulder, he mumbled something to them and they gladly switched spots with him.

Now he had a better angle of the two.

Whatever she tried, Tord would be ready to make it as meaningful as Tom's AVID class.

~~~

Tom didn't feel right.
something felt...off.

He looked up and he saw Tord.
He felt right.
warmth.
happiness.

Tord looked at him and kept his stare as reached into his pocket.

Tom gave a confused look.

Tord took out a strip of paper and wrote on it, He then proceeded to fold it up into his signature star and he flicked it at Tom.

It hit Tom in the nose, Tord held a hand to his mouth and muttered a "Oppsie."

Tom chuckled and unfolded it, for some reason, He was nervous about what he'd find.

' I want breakfast.'

Tom glared at him.

"At this time?" he harshly whispered .

Tord shrugged and went back to 'work.'

Tom felt colder now that he wasn't talking with him anymore.

Tom fiddled around with the strip of paper, He tried to refold it but it just didn't look anything like what Tord did.

He felt a familiar pair of eyes on him.
He knew Avery was next to him, He didn't really mind, she was nice earlier, and she really is a sweet person.

from what Tom could recall during one of those cheesy 'About me. ' things teachers do when a new student arrives, Tom knew she was a ballerina.

But that was it.
all he knew.

and all he needed to hear.
He really didn't care that much about anyone besides his friends.

So he didn't notice when Avery drew a small heart with a smiley face on his desk.

Tord did though.

He didn't see it.
But he saw her scribble it
He knew.

he thought of what could possibly be written, He was glad Tom was distracted by a bird outside that started singing, because right now Tord was practically burning holes in the side of Avery's head.

The more he thought of her his eyes just went haywire and stung terribly.

He quickly held his hands to his eyes and rubbed profusely, which, would've worsened it in a normal sense, But Tords eyes were hurting every time he thought of how much he hated someone,