Family

Everything seemed to had gone okay for the first day of Tom without his glasses.

Everyone knew teasing would follow after the reaction after the reveal calmed down.

But Tord was there, so maybe it wouldn't be such a problem.

Tord had calmed down after 4th Mod. He had gone over to Tom who was also content and happy about his choice to show his eyes.

no regret.

yet.

5th Mod everything was normal-ish. The kids there were the same ones from 1st,2nd, and 3rd. So they weren't surprised about Toms eyes. they instead, bombarded him with questions such as :

"What do the doctors think?"

" is it an illness you were born with? "

"so how is your vision?"

" Do you have eyes or are they like, holes in your face? "

"Can you poke your eye out if those are your eyes?"

Tom took no offense to the way some worded their question, he could see how they were genuinely curious, so he answered what he could.

Dismissal was a breeze. Tom walked down with Tord, who was keeping an eye out for any sudden movements or actions done when Tom would pass by.

When they made it out the school, Tord's deadly aura went down into its usual calm, happyish one.

"Are you gonna be like this everyday?"

Tord hummed. "Depends if anyone tries anything."

Tom groaned.

"Hey, this day didn't go completely smooth, don't expect me to be okay with this tomorrow either."

Tom huffed.

" There's no going back now Tom. " Tord sighed.

Tom felt completely happy and calm about his choice, yet Tord still seemed doubtful.

"It'll be okay." He sighed .

Tord smiled at him.

"It better be."

They found Edd and Matt, who congratulated Tom for surviving. Several pats on the back and hugs. They walked home.

Laddi stood at a distance, a small notepad in her hand.

' Very overprotective'

She paused and tapped her cheek with the pen.

'Ah, Got it.' she put the pen back down to the paper

'and a bit possessive.'

she scribbled in with her black pen. Topped with a little bee on a flower. The stem of the flower curled around the pen. Connor had made it for her out of clay during his freetime.

She closed her black notepad and put it in her tote bag that held a sunflower design on it. Also from Connor, who took a fondness to Sunflowers.

Connor came up to her, His brown hair held back in a ponytail, he hadn't cut it since he met Laddi, she didn't complain because she liked it and he let her do the pony tails.

"Hi Laddi." he smiled from behind , catching her off guard.

"Hey Connor." she pushed her hair behind her ear. " What's that? " she pointed to a small flash drive in his hand.

He looked at it as if he forgot about its existence. he studied it a bit more, humming. "Just a few photos I was asked to transfer into a group chat. Yearbook. We want to collectively go over which are and aren't okay to publish." he put it in his pocket and began to walk off.