Chapter 13

Hi ..
This isn't just a story there is a purpose behind writing this.
Like Shahwar and Salah, there are other people who get engaged at a very young age or they get their marriage fixed when they don't even know the spelling of marriage.It is somehow found in our society that when a girl is born the boy's parent decide that she'll be their daughter-in-law.The children are so young when they are tied to eachother.What if they don't want to marry each other when they grow up, what if they don't like each other, what if they love someone else ,Like Salah..
And maybe one just wait for their lovers like Shahwar .. there could be so many consequences..
I just don't know.. Just wanted to share this.. and we need to understand this..!! :(

***
Bare foot I stepped on the wet grass as it tickled me.A dark silhouette sitting on the charpoy bed as I made my way across the garden.The long open hair swishing with the wind.

I sat besides the large man on a comfy cushion chair.He turned to look at me, a frown forming on his face.His charcoal eyes trained on me as I passed him the coffee mug.Taking my own mug in my hand I traced the rim of the brown mug.Arsalan's face turned up to the sky as he muttered,

"How does it feel?"

"What"I whispered softly.My eyes fixed on the dark night.

"To not get married to the one you love.To have your heart broken."He said.

"It feels as if I've set myself on fire.Everything reminds me of the unfateful night of my life.The decorated house and sweets and smiling faces.Everything just reminds me of..of something I wanted..of someone I've loved.He's just broken me into so many piece that I am scattered all around and I don't plan to collect myself.And it feels amazing all the way round."I swallowed down my dry throat.Drinking a large gulp of the hot content I revised all the moments of pain.

Arsalan seemed to be in his own thoughts as his mouth twitched.We drank our coffee in silence after that.

"Shahwar..Why would you want Salah to marry Talia?You love him how could you just give him away."He questioned after a while.I remained silent,thinking and then I said,

"Because I want to see him happy."

Arsalan didn't seem to be satisfied by my answer as he shook his head his eyes observing me.

"Shahwar.. don't ..just don't.You can't fool me okay.You'll just let him go because you want to see him happy."

I stood up from my seat.Taking the mug from his hand I placed it on the tray turning away from him, I whispered softly as my tears were at bay,

"Sometimes letting go is the only choice you're given."

I walked back in the house.Switching off the lights in the kitchen I made my way to the stairs.The flower decoration caught my attention as it dangled from the walls.My hands reached the soft artificial materials as I pulled at them making them detached from the wall and form a pool around me.I grabbed at them all pulling them harshly as my tears slipped.After my short break down I ran upstairs to sleep.

***

"Shahwar, are you sure ?"Daadi Maa whispered to me for the hundredth time.And I nodded my head assuring her.

It had been two days since I told Uncle Aunty to marry Salah with whom he wishes.Now everyone was in the main hall gathered to come to a conclusion, including Salah and Talia.

The guest had been gone as there was no wedding and the decoration and fairy lights were also removed.Uncle Yousuf was still not talking to Salah he was very angry at him.But he did smile when I came to sit with everyone for dinner.