Chapter 20

Hello.. How is everyone ..??
I really loved the previous feedback I got .. and hey please don't be sad, there are still some chapters left and I'll satisfy you with the ending.. Arsalan's story is also lined up and I have a surprise for you all ..But you'll have to wait for it .. :*
Ready for an update ,
Lets move to the chapter then ,
I hope you enjoy .. :)

***

It was dark now.The city lights were illuminating as we entered the premises.The sun was gone and bright stars had decorated the sky.The wind blew my hair as I sat numbly on the passenger seat.My fingers caressed my forehead slightly, feeling the small bump and a bandage over it.

Salah made another turn on the dark road and reached over to the backseat retrieving a water bottle.The uncapped the bottle before forwarding it to me.The took the bottle from his hand and gulped the water down.

Few minutes ago I had opened my eyes from my deep unconscious slumber.From the time we entered the city, I knew we had lost our way back home.Too shaken up from the past events I hadn't spoken a word since I woke up.My headache wasn't any better.I glanced at Salah, his knuckles had blood on them as he gripped the steering wheel.His green eyes fixed on the road in front.

We took another turn before I noticed the familiar neighbourhood.The very familiar black gates came into sight and my once calm heart started to beat wildly.During the chaos I had totally forgotten about our family.

Driving in the driveway I saw everyone already out.Their faces covered with worry and sadness.I slipped out of the car as soon as it stopped.Standing on my feet felt like jelly.Mama and everyone stared at us in shook.Ahya and Zarah were also present.They sure had returned before us.My eyes roamed around my family members.Baba was in the garden a bit farther then everyone else as he shouted something into the phone rapidly in pashto.He was maybe talking to the police as we had gone missing.

Walking towards my family, my eyes searched for one face.Aunty Naheed wiped her tears, her hands raising, thanking ALLAH.Imraan came out running from outside as Zarah called out to Baba and him.His face showed worry and fear.His shirt half tucked in while his hair was a mess.His eyes roamed around before they settled on me.He made a run towards me, as he saw me running to him.Flunging me in his arms , he pressed a hand behind my head keeping me close.I could feel his tears.My own tears poured out as I wrapped my hands around my brother.

No matter how much we fought in the end only we could calm each other down.We shared this weird connection.Whenever I cried, I always reached for Imraan's comfort after Mama's.His strong hold made my feel protective.

"What happened to you guys?"He questioned as we pulled back.

My tears wouldn't let me speak.Imraan cupped my face his eyes examining the wound on my forehead.

He looked behind me, as Mama and Baba with uncle aunty came besides us,

"Tell us what happened, are you both okay"Uncle Yousuf asked his eyes moving between me and his son.

Baba wrapped me in his arms as he looked at Salah expectant.

"Salah..."Aunty Meena called out, demanding an explanation.

***

I lie in bed wide awake just hearing the creepers.The white curtains of the balcony swayed as I stared at them, my fingers curlings the ends of the long hair.

After we were taken inside the house, Aunty Naheed made me and Salah drink milk with tumeric powder.Salah was again asked about the happening with us and he told them everything with perfect details.We had lost our way back home from the place where those men robbed us.He cleaned my wound and had bandage it as we had a first aid kit in the car.With much difficultly we found our way back to highway in the dark.Our phones were already gone so we couldn't ask for help.