Chapter 17

Hi lovelies .. A nice and big chappie for you .. Hope you enjoy .. :)
Thanks you the comments and votes in the past chapters , I really appreciate .. :*

***

Placing the plate of omelet on the table , I asked Imraan,

"Where is Ahya?Breakfast is almost ready."

"She isn't feeling well.She won't eat."He said taking a sip of his tea.I sat down as Mama said,

"Imraan what happened to her? I 've being noting she doesn't eats well these days."Her brown eyes showing worry.

"I don't know.She just vomits."He shrugged his shoulders and frowned.

Mama gave him a glare and said,

"You should have been responsible Imraan.You should have taken her to a doctor."He nodded and everyone continued their breakfast.

As the men left for work, I sat in the lounge scrolling through different channel when Mama's voice called to me,

"Shahwar, call doctor Nasreen and ask her to come here."She stated.

I looked over at her, my eyes showing confusion,

"Why should I call here, She's a.."My voice trailed off as Mama shared a look with Aunty Naheed.

Obediently obeying I called the doctor.
Another half an hour passed as I bit my lips in anticipation.Leaning against the cream wall outside Ahya's room I waited for the doctor to come out.

The door opened and I straightened.Mama came out looking as happy as ever.Aunty Meena also beamed besides her.My mother hugged me saying,

"MashALLAH..I am going to be a grandmother." My lips formed in a grin as I hugged my aunty too.The doctor came out and mama went downstairs with her, to escort her out.

As I went inside the room Aunty Naheed hugged me as I said,

"Mubarakan."She went out to order sweets.

I sat on the edge of the bed on Ahya's side.Her form was clad under the covers, only her red face visible.

"Mubarakn bhabi."I teased.

She smiled and playfully hit my hand.Embracing her , I said,

"I am so happy for you and Imraan."

"Me too."She said.

And after that we talked all afternoon.

***
When I got in my room I sat down on the bed and sighed.Our lives were very strange.The past days were very dark,very dark.It seemed as if there was no way out from the sadness that had dawned on us.Every hope was lost.From heartbreak to misery.I had felt so many emotion in these few days and each one different.Not only me and Salah, but all of the house was affected.

But today it seemed like the darkness had started to fade away.Like the test was finally over.A new hope had smeared in the air.A new hope.Ahya had given such a good news that even the walls of Khan's mansion were glowing with happiness.A light had spread around the mansion taking over the darkness.

My eyes closed and sleep pulled me with its strong threads.

****

"We are soon going to have little Ahya and little Imraan running around the mansion."Mama said to Imraan on the dining table.

He almost spit the water hearing this.I laughed at him and soon silenced when I saw almost everyone looking at me and most probably the green eyes.