Chapter 15

A major twist for you guys.. Its going to be a long chapter unlike our journey..
Hold on to your seats.. Your love and support is all I need.. :*
Grab some tissues if you want..

***

With the shopping bags we walked back in the house.I laughed as Ahya cracked another joke about her husband.Soon my laughter died down as my eyes took in the empty house.I looked over to Ahya seeing her frown,

"Where is everyone?"She said lowly.I shrugged my shoulders.We had been out for only three hours , where did everyone go.We placed the shopping back on the table.

Uncle Yousuf's loud voice boomed across the large mansion making my form shook.My heartbeats increased as goosebumps arose on my arms.Placing the bags hurriedly on the table I walk towards the veranda from where his voice seemed to come.Ahya also hurried besides me as we ran.

Coming to a sudden stop beside the pillar I saw the seen unravel before us.My heart ran faster than my breaths making me clench my dupatta.

Uncle Yousuf and Salah stood in the middle of the veranda.Uncle looked in rage as he breathed out ragged breaths, his chest puff.His eyes were blazing fire as he stared at his son before him.

Salah's eyes were fixed on the floor as he stood there with his hands in fist beside him.His jaw was clenched hard.His hair were all messed up as if he had ran his hands through them repeatedly.

Uncle spoke again.His loud voice echoing all around us.

"I always supported you.I made sure you have everything you want.But what have you done Salah.What have you done.?"

All energy started to drain from my body seeing Uncle this angry.

"I trusted you.Although you were away I still thought that you wouldn't break my trust nor would you be disobedient.I used to give your examples to my friends.But you have brought shame to me."Uncle almost barked making me shake on my place.Salah's body too shook but he stood his ground.

"Tell me Salah.Tell me.From how many years the leech was eating from you.How much you have spent on her? Tell me ..  "He shouted.

"How much have you fed her,the money I earned staying up at nights.The money I send to you for your necessities, how much have you spent on her."He added.

I closed my eyes tightly as a lone tear slipped down my cheek.I interlaced my fingers and leaned on the piller.

"That gold digger has been eating from you since a long time and you have spent thousands of bills on her.Why did you bring her into my house.So that she could bring us to streets.So she could bring us into rags.You have ashamed me.You kept her in this house for a month and now she has ran away with whatever she could.You were expecting to marry her.That gold digger that only knew how to take.You ruined your own marriage.You ruined our happiness."Uncle shouted, his face had gotten red but he wasn't done.

"You rejected Shahwar.She was a diamond.You hurt her.That poor soul only did was love you.You hurt your mother, your grandmother.You have disrespected all of us."

He pulled at his hair and groaned,he turned to Salah again ,

"Do you know what else have you done? You have made me disrespectful in the eyes of my brother.You have brought to such a low level that I cannot face him.I cannot look into his eyes because of you.I wished we never sent you to America.What have we left in your care ? what have we not given to you.Tell me? Talia was a diaster and a diaster she brought.She cheated on you.I am ashamed to call you my son. "Uncle's green eyes bore into Salah's.