Chapter 23

Here we go for another roller coaster ride ..
Enjoy please and I really hope you like the chapter .. :)
The comments on the last chapter drove me to the moon :* ..I loved your response so Thanks .. :)

***

The orange perfectly mixed with yellow.The light pink smeared against the vast sky whilst the greying clouds.The sun rays ready to disappear from the sky above and the moon waiting to be welcomed.The birds flying across the sky, heading back to their homes before sunset.The calm and peaceful environment was a definition of tranquility with the mesmerizing colours all around.The sky itself was emersed in so many beautiful colours that one would easily get distracted.

A soft sigh left my lips as I tucked my feet under my knees.The wind blew my long hair, messing them up as they fell on my face.Making me tuck the long strands behind my ears.My hands closed the book in my lap as my eyes fixed on the serene scene before me.The garden's green grass felt like a plush blanket under the open sky.My lips automatically curved into a smile as the light sun rays now fell directly into my eyes.And I stared back not flinching back or closing my eyelids.I loved when my light brown orbs would look much lighter.

My light brown strands tickled my nose as I gathered them behind my back.The silver thin bangles clicking in my wrist breaking the calm silence.Leaning forward I placed my book on the white table and shifted in my plush cushion seat, sitting in a more comfortable position.Mama and Aunties were all busy were out for some crockery shopping.Ahya and Imraan had also gone out for dinner after a long time.Zarah was probably with Daadi Maa or watching T.V.And I had chosen to read my new book in the garden.

A particular face appeared on the back of my mind with green eyes making my smile drop.Last night's events flashed on my mind making me grimace in displeasure.I folded my arms across my chest as I thought that a man plans so much.He think so much and decorates his mind and heart with all the fantasy and colours, as much as he can do.He thinks about the awaiting happiness, about his future as he plans every pin and nail.He even doesn't care about the consequences as he paints his canvas with all the beautiful colours and all the mesmerizing shades.Little does he know that the reality is very different.The truth is very bitter.And when all his dreams shatter in front of his eyes he cannot do anything except to rub his hands.He is then only left with vulnerability.

And I had experienced it all yesterday night.Salah was vulnerable last night.His eyes spoke so much, explaining hundreds of things.He had shown me a different side of him.The vulnerable one.He had opened up to me although the reality had crashed a boulder on me.I thoughts about the past months, if I had married Salah.My love would had been enough for both of us but what if Talia wasn't running away, Salah would have never been happy with me.We would be in a bond of compromise.Our relation would be very compromising but then again anything would have happened.

Last night had imprinted every word in my mind.The proposal of Mr.Farhaan did not do any better to my mind.Something different was about the past night.I had seen love in Salah's green eyes.The emotion I yearned to see for so many years.The emotion I craved for.But only if it was this easy.

The sound of Azaan from the near by mosque broke my revive.Placing my dupatta on my head I stood up as my eyes roamed on the now darkening sky.Grabbing my book I walked inside the house.

***

Dishing out Chinese rice, I handed the platter to Zarah as she walked out to the dining room.Washing my hands, I dried them and made my way to the dining room also, where everyone was having dinner.Pulling my chair I sat down.Filling my plate with some rice and sauce I played with my spoon not hearing a word Daadi Maa was saying to Aunty Naheed.They were probably talking about the shopping they did.Taking a small bite from my food I cast my eyes to Salah.He was oblivious to what was happening around him as he ate quietly looking down at his plate.He was even oblivious to my stare.