Chapter 24

Hi there..!! How are you all doing ..?? The story is about to end soon ..

Hope you like the chapter .. :)

***

I leaned against the pillar seeing the large man move around the car.Aunty Meena shifted besides me as she looked at her son place his luggage in the vehicle.Biting on my bottom lip I tried to hold in my tears.Trying to hold on to my promise.

Imraan helped him place his bags and Salah came to say goodbye.Daadi Maa hugged him, blowing prayers at him.I averted my eyes to my feet and distracted myself.The shining stones on my slippers were the most interesting thing now.

Aunty Meena went to the car and settled in with Uncle Yousuf.I inhaled heavily trying not to give in to my emotions.As he moved towards me, I felt myself crumble slowly.

Fading away.

"Take care of yourself."His low voice made me look up to his handsome face.

I gave a feeble nod and smiled.
"You too."He shuffled onto his feet as Uncle Yousuf called onto him from the car.

Salah searched his jacket pockets before he took out a small rectangular box.Forwarding it towards me he placed the box on my palm.Our hands brushing together.

"Its a small gift for you."He said.His face looked sad.

I took the box and moved my head to the side not meeting his eyes.

"Please Shahwar.Let me go before I let go of everything else."His low voice made my heart skip beats.

"ALLAH HAFIZ"I whispered feebly meeting his green eyes.

"ALLAH HAFIZ."He said backing away but his eyes not leaving mine.He turned around and hugged Imraan before settling in the car.

And just as he waved at everyone I closed my eyes.

***

Folding my clothes I placed them in my closet.The door opened making me turn around and look at the woman walk inside the room with a tray of food.

Mama smiled at me placing the tray on bed making me stop my work.

"Shahwar.. Come eat something you didn't have your dinner."She said and took a seat on the bed.

When I didn't move from my place she forwarded her hand beckoning me to walk to her.Taking slow steps towards her I placed my hand in her warm one.She pulled me to sit beside her as she moved the tray away.

"What is it Shahwar.You don't eat good, you don't talk much.What is it that's making you so dull zamaad jaan."She asked softly stroking my hand.

I looked up to her warm brown eyes.

"Mama.. I am in pain.I will not marry someone else.How could I when my heart belongs to someone else."I expressed feeling a weigh push down my chest.

Mama seemed almost relax as she observed me.

"Shahwar.Whatever will happen will be for the good."I didn't seem convinced with her answer so she continued.

"Shahwar mere jaan.. Am I not aware what has changed between you and Salah.I heard you that day when you were telling Ahya about Salah's feeling.Look, your Baba is going to choose the best for you my baby.We will not do anything you don't like.Its a hard battle Shahwar but ALLAH doesn't burdens His men with pain that they could not bear.If you get married to someone else then its your fate.Leave your matters to ALLAH and see how He awards you."She whispered softly.

"If Salah belongs to you then he'll return to you."She cupped my face pecking my forehead.

I stared at her with glassy eyes.Salah had said not to cry.

My lips curved into a small smile as I leaned against her shoulder.The particular fragrance of her dupatta wafting pass my nostrils.

"But Shahwar remember your father isn't wrong, he has just gotten insecure.You are his daughter and he will not bear you getting hurt."Mama said making me hm.

"Shahwar you up for Ice Cream.Ahya wants to eat ice cream."Imraan barged in the room ready to go outside.Seeing Mama and me, he came over to us looking suspiciously at us.

"What's cooking ladies??"He asked in an odd manner.

"Nothing Imraan.Shahwar go with them."As I sat straight Mama ordered.

I got up from my place as I followed Imraan down the stairs.Although I didn't wanna go but still I went because I didn't wanted to effect any others life because of my problems.

Later that night when I entered my room, my deet itself carried me to the dressing table where the black box was placed.I hadn't opened it yet.My fingers traced the box before I picked it up in my hands.

A silver thin ribbon bow was wrapped on the box as I undid it slowly.Sitting on the edge of the bed I opened the box.A white folded paper was placed in it.I pulled the paper out keeping it aside as I peeked inside the box.A pair of silver anklets greeted me making my eyes widen.Pulling them out my fingers traced them softly.They were very simple yet beautiful.The small beads shined against the light like crystals.The jingles attached along the length of them.

My lips curved into a smile as I unfolded the paper.The eyes moving across the small letter.

I saw you wearing anklets so thought to gift a pair to you.I hope you like them.And remember you'll always have your place in my heart as I have mine in yours.

_Yours Salah

My smile widened.His words that touched my heart making me feel as if violin played in the background.Pulling my feet upwards I clasped the anklets against them.A jingling melodious sound created as I moved my feet.

Ready to have a peaceful sleep I rested my head against the pillow before switching off the bedside table lamp.

Only if Salah Khan knew that I loved the good bye gift..

***

Short Chapter !! I know.. So a much bigger chapter is coming ahead also I wanted to say that I may not be adding anyone else conversation much frequently like Ahya's or Zarah's because I want to focus on Shahwar and Salah right now ..
So let me know if you want other characters convo too ..

Until Next Time
_Hafsa