Bonus Chap: A Jealous Kiss

Shahwar

Shahwar

7 years after marriage

" Maira, don't- I repeat don't play outside and don't trouble your Chachi!"

I said narrowing my eyes at the six year old as she nodded. Her two pigtails bobbing up and down as she looked at me with her chin pressed to her sternum and her hands folded before her.

" Shahwar, she never troubles me! Go Maira, play with bhai." The woman easily walked in, her tall figure now standing before me.

I pulled Maira to me, and kissed her softly on the cheek as she grinned at me before running off to play. Ahya sighed loudly, bending down she picked up the stuff toys around the room and dumped them in the toy container. I helped her and cleaned around the room.

" These kids!" I groaned. Picking up yet another piece of Lego.

My sister in law laughed and sat on the small pink bed.

" Wait till the other two start moving around. And then you'll know!"

I huffed at her remark. Falling on the spot besides her, I looked up at her with grateful eyes.

" Thank you for looking over my kids for this evening. This is the favour I'll always be grateful for!"

We shared a chuckle.

This was, how life was. One and a half year ago, Salah and I had welcomed our baby boy. Gifting Maira a baby brother. And not long after, Ahya had given birth to a baby girl. And so two little babies in the house had kept all of us on our toes. The past years had made us better humans. Although they were ups and downs but we learned from our mistakes and stood back up. And during these times Salah and I had grown impossibly closer. Our son, Haziq was the epitome of his father's eyes and our daughter was Salah's everything. He had spoiled her, and I loved him for that.

Maira was the child that was thoroughly cherished, Salah loved her more than anything, other than me. The duo shared an attachment that sometimes made me jealous. But what could I say she was his princess. And with our now extended family, Maira was deeply in love with our bundle of happiness, Haziq. He had Salah green eyes and his dark hair. For us, our kids were the greatest blessings and we couldn't be anymore happier.

A loud cry interrupted my thoughts and Ahya stood up with alert eyes.

" That must be Ruhi."

My sister in law said as she gave me a pout and exited the room.

I laughed and stood up as well. Straightened out the bedsheets. We had set up this room for the kids. Aaryan had his separate room. And for Maira, Haziq and Ruhi- we were positive that the kids would enjoy playing around and Aaryan being different from them- having a much serious and responsible nature from the very start- would surely wouldn't be comfortable staying with them. So we set up this room for them with all the toys they'll need.