Part 2 - May 3rd

Forcing my eyes open, I saw the source that had caused me to wake up. 

Light. 

Peering outside of the window, I realized that it wasn't sunlight, but the light from the buildings. 

It was night. And Los Angeles was awake. 

I glanced at Atticus and my mother, both softly snoring. I stayed in my bed, trying to fall asleep again, but failing. Deciding to explore, I got dressed and did my hair in a top knot. I grabbed one of the keys off of the dresser, my phone, and put my shoes on. Carefully closing the bedroom door, I ran to the elevator. After a while, I had reached the massive lobby. I walked around for a bit, trying to find my way. Just as I was going to ask a hotel staff member where the door was, my phone dinged, signaling a text. 

My mom. 

How was she awake already?

Mom: Where r u?

Me: I'm in the lobby. 

Mom: Y?

Me: I'm just going out to explore a bit. C u. 

Mom: K, be safe! Come back soon!

I walked as I texted, trying to make sure not to bump into anyone. 

Of course, this didn't work out. 

As I put my phone away, I walked into into a short, black-haired man. 

When I say black, I mean jet black.  

"Oh, sorry," I said, flashing an apologetic smile. 

"It is okay," the man replied in a thick accent. I looked him up and down. Ripped jeans, a clean white shirt, a black mask, and Asian features.  

I continued on my way, only to see ten people behind him, several of them wearing masks just as he did.

Shrugging my shoulders, I continued to walk, only realizing that I was at the front door. Exiting, I made my way around the vast city, roaming around, taking in the scenery, everything glowing in a pale luster with the lights. 

After about fifteen minutes or so, I got another text from my mom. 

Gosh, what now?

I checked my phone. Of course, she wanted me to come back. Sighing, I made my way back to the hotel for dinner. 

Exploring would be for tomorrow.