Part 7 - May 7th

After taking in the views of Griffith Park, I headed back to the hotel to wash up before dinner. My parents would be back in around an hour. I took a bus back to the hotel. I entered the lobby and saw a large crowd at the seating area.

LA was so strange, people always in crowds. 

While I was waiting for the elevator, I searched for my room key in my bag.

Crap.

Crap, crap, crap.

Where was it?

I re-checked my pockets, my bag, and anything that had a capability to hold something.

I sighed and strolled over to the main desk.

"Excuse me?" I asked the bald man at the desk. "Um, I've lost my room key. Can I get another one?"

"What's your room number?" the man asked in a bored tone.

"Uh, it's-" I began, but was cut off by a clear voice behind me.

"Is this your key?"

I turned around to see that it was the man that I kept on bumping into.

Crap.

Crap, crap, crap.

His mask was on his chin, revealing pink lips and a cute nose. He gave me a small, gummy smile.

That was weird.

No one smiles at me.

But he was really good-looking.

"Uh, um," I stuttered. "I'm not sure."

"Give it here," the bald man said, waving the card over. The man did as he was told. He was wearing a short-sleeved white shirt, ripped jeans, and a Yankees cap.

The bald man continued to look up the card.

Why should I do?

I felt so awkward.

Mustering up all the courage I had, I introduced myself.

"Um, we seem to run into each other more than usual," I said, my voice sounding dead."I'm Emilienne."

The man looked confused. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw another guy look at the man I was talking to.

Let's call the guy I was talking to the black-haired man. 

Anyway, I saw another man look at the black-haired man. He had a mask as well.

Within a few seconds, the watching man had come over to the two of us.

"Hi there, I'm RM," he said. He had dark brown hair, a faded red sweatshirt, and a pair of jeans as well.

"Oh, hi, I'm Emilienne," I extended a hand. RM shook my hand and introduced the black-haired man.

"This is Suga," he said.

RM and Suga.

Interesting.

RM turned to Suga and began to speak in another language.

Japanese? Mandarin? Korean? Tagalog?

I stared at the two.

RM turned to me. "Oh sorry, um, I was just telling Suga what you had said."

I nodded my head.

Suga frowned. "It is very nice to see you."

Who frowns when they say it's nice to see someone?

I grinned. "You too."

"Do you know BTS?" he asked, still frowning.

"Pardon?"

"Oh.." Suga said.

RM smiled as well. "Um, we have to leave-" he pointed over to the others in masks. "It was nice to meet you, I hope we see you again."

"Same here," I said, waving.

They left.

The bald man cleared his throat, bringing me back to reality.

"Are you done talking to your buddies?" he said, holding out the key to me.

I ignored his statement. "Is this my card?"

"No, my neighbor's," he replied sarcastically. He paused. "Yeah, it's yours."

"Thank you," I said, flashing him a fake smile. I turned around and walked over to the elevator.

It was my third encounter with the black-haired man-

Oh, right, Suga.

It was my third encounter with Suga, yet still, I wanted to get to know him.