Chapter 12

After winter break, we haven't really heard from James lately, but Victor told me not to let my guard down. Plus, I dont want my mom to find out that James is after me mostly because I don't want her to kill her "new founded true love".

First day back to school, I meet with Chelsea and we walked inside the school. I didn't see Victor and I got worried. Where is he? I thought.

I felt someone grab my shoulders and whispered in my ear,

"He's dead."

I felt something drop inside of me. I started breathing hard and I felt like my neck got tight and my throat had gotten swollen. I felt myself get thrown into a locker and I blacked out.

I woke up in my bedroom dripped in sweat and started hyperventilating badly. I couldn't process what just happened and I wanted to find Victor as soon as possible. I started crying and coughing badly.

"Jenna," I heard a familiar voice say.

I looked at my room door and there was Victor. I jumped out of my bed and jumped into his arms. I pressed my face against his chest.

"I'm scared!" I cried.

He ran his fingers through my hair. "You had a bad dream again?"

I nodded slowly. "I.." I couldn't breathe. "Yu--you were dead! And so--someone attacked me!"

"I'm here, Jenna. No one is gonna hurt you." He kissed my forehead. "You're gonna be okay. Just calm down."

I calmed down a little and tightened my hug. "I miss you." I made eye contact with him. "Where's my mom?"

"She went out of town again. I think you need rest today, so just stay home from school."

"Wait, she told you?"

He nodded. "She told me to watch over you while she is gone for a month."

I nodded. I felt a sharp pain hit my head from freaking out so much. "Yeah, I need to lay down." I grabbed his hands. "Can you lay with me?"

Victor nodded. "Yea, of course." He took off his leather jacket and threw it on my chair near my homework desk.

I laid in the bed and felt Victor come in the bed next to me and dropped his arm around my waist. I adjusted my body to face him and I kissed his jawline. He took a sharp breath.

"Jen, I don't think that's a good idea," he warned.

"Why?" I asked.

"That's where the pain hits when we haven't hunted for food in a long time or when needed. Plus, you tickled me."

I giggled. "You're ticklish?"

He closed his eyes. "Go to sleep, Jenna."

I sucked on his neck almost giving him a hickey and I heard him growl quietly in satisfaction; almost like a cat purring.

"Jen, stop," he said. "I am begging you to stop."

"Why?" I asked like a baby.

"Because, I am way too strong for you and...wait! We discussed this!" He sat up in the bed. "I'm not gonna do that to you, Jenna. Not at all."

"You're not gonna hurt me," I replied. I climbed on top and straddled him across his lap. "Just try, please."

He sighed and kissed me. I kissed him back harder and he gripped onto my hips. I started tugging onto his shirt and I felt his adrenaline rising because I felt his heart beat. His grip got tighter and he pulled away.

"I can't," he said almost panting. He did a low growl and said "damn it" underneath it.

"You can control it," I encouraged him. I brushed my fingers against his cheek. "Keep going."