Turned

It had been a week since Wanda and Pietro had arrived at the Volturi castle, their lives planned for them by the kings and their mates. That fact unnerved the brunette girl greatly; her brother however was much the opposite, as was usual for the twins. He liked not having to think excessively about what the future had in store for him and his sister. Having this planned for him and almost guaranteed safety as they were now in the most powerful coven.

The pair had awoken, both with very different attitudes towards the day they had ahead of them. Whilst both had become close to their mates, their thoughts on being turned varied drastically from one another. Wanda was hesitant, not wishing to give up her mortality, her ability to have children and her visitation of human friends that she had. Although there weren't many she would call friends, she considered them all as much family as she did her brother. The silver haired boy remained as carefree as always on the matter, mostly indifferent. Excited on the thought of never ageing again and being able to spend eternity with his sister and his mate. The brown eyed boy remained totally oblivious to his sister queries. Perhaps, had he known he may have had a different mindset on that day, yet perhaps not.

The two prepared for the day. They were allowed to wear whatever they wished due to their mates and their own abilities. Aro seemingly wanted to keep himself in high favour within the twins eyes.

After they were ready, Jane went to fetch Pietro as Alec went to get Wanda simultaneously. The two pairs met up in one of the many corridors as they walked together to the throne room. The room where they would take their last breaths, or at least, last necessary breaths.

On the outside, Wanda remained as emotionless and composed as usual whilst Pietro was grinning from ear to ear from excitement. They approached the two towering doors that led to the rest of their lives. The silver haired boy approached eagerly whilst his sister remained ever hesitant, fearing the future that awaited them on the other side of those great doors.

The brilliantly carved doors had swung open; behind them awaited an ever eager Aro clasping his hands together. The raven haired king held his usual smile that unnerved the brown eyed girl so much before letting out a breathy laugh, the laugh that had followed Wanda into her nightmares. The last time the two had heard that laugh was on the clearing which had almost become a battlefield.

Wanda's mind went to the Cullens, she did not want to know what Carlisle would think of her at this moment or in the moments to come. Would she become the human blood drinking demon that he so despised? Was there another way? Could she ever possible convince Aro to let her drink from animal blood, or would she not have the willpower to survive on that diet in the first place?

Questions swirled around the brunette's mind. Her once calm demeanour slipping for a moment, although that moment was long enough to cause concern to bubble up within Alec. The sight of his mate's clear distress bothered him immensely and began to make him feel completely and utterly selfish as he would be the one to rip her mortal life away from her. While the ruby eyed boy knew nothing could be done to prevent this, he worried his mate might hate him for the rest of their eternal lives. How could he live with himself knowing that he might be the one to cause such suffering both because of the transformation period, which he knew from experience was excruciating, but also the emotional suffering she may experience. The wide variety of emotions swelling inside the quiet twin of the Volturi confused him greatly, he had never known himself to feel such heavy guilt other than the time he pulled a prank on his sister which may have been harsher than he intended. Jane did get him back for his cruel joke but it still weighed on his conscience.

"Well then, you two know what to do." Alec suddenly snapped his gaze from his mate to his master, cursing himself for becoming so lost within his thoughts. Jane had already, in an instant sunk her teeth into Pietro's neck as Alec stared on, shock plastered over his face. Slowly, he returned his gaze to his mate who had begun visibly trembling making the dark haired boy feel even worse than he had, which he didn't know was possible. He leaned down to his mates neck slowly as though he was approaching a frightened animal. "I'm sorry." He gently whispered into his mate's ear before sinking his teeth into her delicate neck.