Awakened

It had been excruciating for both of the Volturi's witch twins. It had been excruciating for the soon to be vampires because of the process of tranformation; it had been excruciating for the Volturi's original witch twins to watch them suffer. They knew of the pain their mates were going through as they had experienced it twice in their lifetimes. And worse still was that they were the cause of this great pain being inflicted on their mates. They felt as low as the villagers whom had attempted to burn them at the stake, thinking themselves no better than the judgemental peasants of long ago. Of course they knew those few days of pain were to be exchanged for an eternity together, however it didn't seem to make the two feel much better about their and their mates' current situation.

Everyone in the Volturi castle that had the displeasure of coming across the vampire twins in this time would tell a tale of random spouts of anger from Jane and a colder than usual demeanour from her dark haired brother. Many avoided the brunette and blonde to keep clear of their wrath, particularly the small blonde's wrath. Jane had gotten to a point during her mate's transformation that she tortured anyone she came across, causing her ability to be feared even more so than it already was by the vampiric coven. Her dark haired brother mostly stayed within the confines of his room, his ruby eyes glaring at the windows day and night.

The three kings of the Volturi had begun to grow concerned, mainly Aro who feared losing control over his most prized possessions. Marcus simply empathised with the two, understanding the pain of your mate causing such sweet sorrow as Didyme had done to him many a time. However, the greatest sorrow the mahogany haired king had ever felt was the loss of his loving wife, which he dearly hoped neither of the twins would have to one day experience. Caius remained his usual sneering self, although he kept cautious around the now hot headed pair. The whole atmosphere of the Volturi castle had shifted and everyone was eagerly awaiting the day the two humans would awaken into their new lives. No one knew, however, quite how soon that would be.

The blonde and brunette remained by their mates sides as often as they could, desperately awaiting their awakening. The two talked fruitlessly creating gaps in the solemn silence that so haunted them for what felt like an eternity. Suddenly, two pairs of bright red eyes snapped open at the same moment, shortly followed by two bodies sitting upright in a movement similar to that of a marionette's.

The blonde and brunette embraced their mates at once, looking deep into their newly red eyes with passion, love and desire. No words were shared between them and the lavish silks and smooth cottons of the room disappeared entirely for the four now standing in the centre of the room.

They released their embraces before sending each other bright smiles with glistening eyes. And seemingly all at once the moment shattered as the two newborns clutched at their throats, the scent of fresh blood in the air entrancing them both. The two new vampires sped of as their mates watched helplessly onwards.

A/n sorry it is so short, I find myself preoccupied with schoolwork and lacking a structured idea for where I want to take this story. I hope it was enjoyable and I hope you all are having, have or have had a lovely day.