First kiss

After many days had passed Alec thought that maybe his masters would concede to his mate's 'vegetarian' diet. However, had he known what was to happen to his beloved sooner he would've given up on that fruitless hope.

A scream had stopped Alec from continuing with his duties as it registered in his mind. His ruby red eyes flickered towards his sister as they both took of towards the room from which the noise came from. The boy and his sister opened the door to the source but nothing could've prepared the boy for the sight before him.

His masters were standing above his mate who was rocking back and forth with now bright red eyes staring at the ground, blood covering her face and hands that grasped her face. A lifeless body with a face now stuck in an expression of unbridled fear. Pure shock and disbelief entered the dark haired boy's mind until he saw a slash mark upon the body and a bloody knife in the oh-so-sadistic Aro's spindly hand. He had set off the time bomb and who knew how long it would take for it to blow.

"What have you done?" He heard someone cry out, only realising it had actually come from him when his masters turned towards him looking almost as shocked as he was. He had never gone against the masters let alone raised his voice. The blonde girl by his side looked just as worried however her expression was overtaken by concern as she approached the quivering form in the corner; the dark haired boy kept a constant glare at his masters letting them know they were on thin ice that could very easily give way.

Jane approached Wanda with the caution of someone approaching a wild animal. Suddenly the brunette's shaking stopped as she outstretched her arms, a red force pushing everyone in the room against the wall. The brunette lifted her head showing eyes full of rage and guilt, a look which both twins had seen in each other's eyes during their unfortunate past. Sympathy bubbled up within the stomachs of the twins as they looked upon the raw emotional wound of a broken girl.

After a while, with utmost determination burning within him, Alec approached the girl, pushing against her slowly wearing force. Once he had gotten close enough he embraced the porcelain skinned girl who immediately tried to push him away, her new found strength assisting her as he attempted to keep her still. The dark haired boy pulled away from her, his arms still firmly on her sides as his lips collided with hers. The red eyed girl froze even after he had pulled away, looking at him with a multitude of emotions swimming through her eyes making them unidentifiable.

Tension built within the room as they anticipated a second attack from the unstable girl before them. A collective internal sigh of relief was given out when she embraced her mate although shortly after any relief was relinquished for the mostly silent boy as his mate began dry sobbing. She appeared almost desperate to have tears again that used to flow freely from her eyes, she appeared desperate for her humanity to return and distraught at the reality that it couldn't.

What neither the heaving girl nor the one whom embraced her or even the spectators saw was the sympathy in the eyes of one of the kings who's face usually remained blank. The look of pity had come from someone who understood loss, whilst it was a different loss to the girl's loss it allowed him to have a growing sense of sympathy.

The look of sympathy had come from none other than Marcus Volturi.

A/N I don't know where this story is going so apologies if this chapter is messy. I also apologise for the slow updates and I shall make no attempt to excuse my behaviour but can only promise to try to do better from this point onwards.