Apologies

Wanda had isolated herself, remaining locked in the room. She hadn't fed nor spoken since she got there 3 weeks ago. Her blackening gaze remained fixated on one stone in the wall opposite the door. Her throat had begun to burn although she payed it no mind. Her brother had entered the room and talked at her on many an occasion causing her to grow used to his rather irking presence.

What she however did not expect the brown haired boy whom she had once been willing to call her mate to enter her room. He entered her room before delicately closing the door behind him. An uncomfortable silence built up between them like an unseen wall that the longer it was left to be built the harder it would be to penetrate it. Seemingly understanding this the ruby red eyed boy cleared his throat. Despite his attempt to grasp at the girl's transfixed attention she remained unresponsive. An unidentifiable dull ache erupted within his chest causing him to flinch for a moment though just a moment.

"I am so sorry." Alec spoke, his voice wavering off as his sentence concluded. The dark haired boy remained for a moment, awaiting some kind of response. After not receiving one he turned to leave.

"Sorry for what?" A frail voice stopped him in his tracks, it was so raw that it sounded like it hurt to leave her throat.

He turned back to face his mate who's black eyes now bored into his. Her eyes looked like an abyss, void of colour and emotion showing her now drained self possibly due to thirst and yet probably not.

"I'm sorry for not considering your thoughts and feelings surrounding becoming a vampire." Alec briefly paused before uttering the word vampire believing that the very word might break her, as if she were made of porcelain. A slight crack in her emotionless visage appeared but not for long enough for him to discern what emotion had slipped through.

Wanda turned around, facing the wall once again. The dark haired boy took this as a sign for him to take his leave before he possibly angered her to the point of her using her father frightful abilities.

As Alec got to the door he heard a faint mutter. These words did not process in his mind as he strolled through the corridors nor when he completed his duties as a guard of the Volturi. In fact, the words only truly settled in his mind when he entered his room and sat on his reddy-brown mahogany desk chair to have a moments rest. Once they did, once those words were once and for all clarified in his mind a smile came upon his face that he simply couldn't shake for the rest of the day.

"I forgive you."