4

The Silver Fang Pack's Beta stormed into the office behind his Alpha. As the door slammed behind him he took hold of his shoulder, spinning him to face him and delivered a right cross laying him out across the desk behind him. "What was that?!" He yelled. "I thought we agreed she'd be left with the Rock Creek Pack! You assured me she wouldn't be harmed Alaric!"

"And she wasn't. From what I could see she didn't sustain a single injury from the hit on Rock Creek." The Alpha refuted.

"Wasn't harmed?! Then what do you call that?! You were killing her!!" The Beta roared back. "She's not a shifter, she human, Lec, her body can't take what ours can!"

"Don't you think I know that!" Alaric snapped. "I wasn't going to kill her Cylas"

"Really, because it sure looked like.."

"Enough!" He bellowed in his Alpha voice. "I wouldn't have, couldn't have killed her Cy" he sighed defeatedly, "she's my mate."

"What??" Cylas asked, taken aback.

"She's my mate" Alaric replied.

"... you mean to tell me," Cylas fumed, voice rising again with every line, "that you knew. You. Knew. That she is my sister and that she's your mate... and you still nearly killed her?! What is wrong with you?!"

Stepping in close, rage filled eyes now blacker than midnight, Cylas had to fight to resist the urge to grab the Alpha by the collar and throw him into the desk again. "Let's make one thing clear shall we. I don't care if you are the Alpha, that's my little sister and if you hurt her in any way I will beat you to a pulp!" Turning angrily on his heel he reached for the door.

"If not for our friendship," growled Alaric threateningly, "and my own sister, I'd have your head for that little outburst. Next time Cy, don't expect me to be so forgiving."

With that, Cylas stamped out of the room and headed outside for a run to clear his head, one very angry Alpha staying behind to sort out all the things on his own mind.

————————

Again Kay found herself waking in an unfamiliar place. This one was decidedly more comfortable though. It was a small bedroom with only the bare necessities, namely a bed, dresser and nightstand with a lamp and digital clock. The lack of a personalized touch seemed to indicate that it was probably a spare bedroom. There were three doors in the room, most likely the two nearest each other lead to a closet and bathroom and the other to the rest of the house. Blinking to better clear her vision she checked the time, 7:43pm. The sun would be setting in about an hour or so. As she began to sit up from where she'd been laid on the bed a small click sounded and the hall door swung inward as a young, raven haired woman stepped inside.

"Oh, you're awake." She smiled kindly. "I'm Nema. Are you hungry? I've brought you something. And I've already put a change of clothes and a towel in the bathroom in case you'd like to shower. Everything you need should be in there." She motion to one of the doors, "I had to guess at your size though so I hope the clothes fit alright. Do you need anything?"

"No, thank you." Replied Kay, somewhat confused about the sudden change in her circumstance. "What happened? Were we rescued? Where's the rest of my pack?"

"...um, I'm afraid I'm not the one to explain all of that", she apologized, "it's a bit... complicated. But suffice it to know that you're still with the Silver Fang Pack and the rest of Rock Creek is still in holding."

"Silver Fang? Then that was Alpha-"

"Alaric Fallon, yes" Nema cut in with a smile.

"No wonder he's got such a powerful energy, I've heard about him" Kay mused.

"Nothing too bad I hope." Nema teased in reply. She was met with a short but somewhat awkward silence so changing the subject she asked "Are you sure I can't get you something?"

Shaking her head Kay replied "I'm alright thanks, I think I'd like to be alone for a while if that's ok."

"Of course, you've had quite a day haven't you." Said Nema before setting the tray of food in her hands down on the night stand and heading back towards the door. As she went to pass through she stopped and looking Kay strait in the eyes she left her with another small smile, her parting words only adding to Kay's confusion. "I'm sorry about my brother, I heard what he did and I assure you, my mate and I won't let him off too easily for it."

————————

Hey all! This chapter was a little bit shorter but we're about to get to a little action :) If you're enjoying the story let me know with a vote or comment. I'd really appreciate it! :D

So I mentioned after my last chapter that Thanksgiving is coming up. Do you have a favorite dish or family tradition? If so I'd love to hear about it!

In my family we have this one tradition that we've done since I was little. After the meal, we all gather round (on the couch, the floor, parent's or grandparent's laps... wherever we can find a seat) and we get out our old, worn out copy of the book "cranberry thanksgiving". When everyone is situated Daddy will read it aloud and to this day he still does all the voices just as he's always done :) You can bet that one of these days all of my siblings and I will each have our own copies of that book to continue the tradition even after my parents are gone.