12

Alaric's heart swelled with pride at the very thought of Kay's confession. "He's my mate"... Who could have ever known just how those three little words from that sweet little mouth could make him feel! Sure their relationship was rocky at best... ok so maybe it wasn't even good enough to be called that yet... But hey, that one confession was enough to give him hope and he was going to fight to undo all he'd done wrong! It was this, and only this, that had caused him to relent on forcing her to stay in his bedroom with him. That argument had left him so irritated that he'd stormed out, intent on spending the rest of the night in his office. How could one woman be so wonderful yet so infuriating at the same time?

Sitting himself behind mounds of paperwork on his desk, he endeavored to accomplish the impossible task of getting her off his mind... just for the night.

—————

The next morning Kay found herself being lured into the kitchen by a delicious smell! Pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs! Even the scent of fresh coffee seemed to tease her senses, and she didn't even drink the stuff!

"Good morning" a cheerful voice greeted her.

"Nema?" Kay smiled "what are you doing here? I mean, I figured you'd be at Cylas'."

"Nope. I still live with my brother. Lame right?" She teased.

"Your brother is too old fashioned. He doesn't want me to move in until we're ready to be marked and fully mated which apparently means a full mating ceremony for him. Are all Rock Creekers so old fashioned or is it just him?" She rambled. "Anywho, he doesn't want to do that until after he tells his parents he's still alive so that they can be there for it. Which I get, I mean, I'd want that too if mine were still living... I just wish he'd hurry it up is all"

"Are you always this talkative in the morning?" Smiled Kay.

"I can be. Why? You not a morning person?" Nema quipped back.

"Not particularly" she confessed.

"Well I know just the thing to brighten your day!... Retail therapy!" Nema exclaimed.

"What?" Laughed Kay

"Shopping!" Nema clapped excitedly.

"Yes, I got that. But why?"

"Because if you're going to stay here you're going to need some clothes and things of your own." came Alaric's voice from behind her "Unless you want to just use mine from now on. Of course you'd be lacking a few ladies things if you did... but I doubt if I'd mind."

Even without seeing him Kay could practically hear the smirk in his voice. "Not a chance mister!" she said threateningly as she turned to face him.

"Fine. Don't forget to buy something nice for tonight though." He replied.

"Why is that?" She asked.

"Because" he looked her in the eyes "since you've already publicly announced we're mates, we may as well introduce you formally to the pack as Luna."

"Future Luna." Kay corrected "Official Luna means marked which means mating. And you can just forget about that!"

"Fine... for now" he added with a smirk.

"Alright, alright. Enough of your lovers quarrel! Eat your breakfast so we can go shopping!!" Whined Nema.

As they walked out the front door Kay noticed a car was already parked out front.

"Isn't that a little small for a shopping trip?" Nema commented.

"Nope." Alaric said popping the "p." "That's to keep you from overdoing it." He flicked her nose playfully.

"Hey" she whined, rubbing her nose.

"Knowing you, no matter what car you take you're sure to stuff it to the max. So best take something smaller... save me some money that way." He smiled at her pouty face.

"Who all is coming?" Asked Kay.

"You two and Cylas." Alaric replied.

"You're not coming?" Asked Nema, mildly surprised.

"Unfortunately no, I've got a lot to get done before this evening."

"Hey guys!" Called Cylas. Walking up he put an arm around his mate.

"Ok. I think that's our cue to go." Said Kay walking around to open the car door. "Knowing how clingy Cy was as a kid they're liable to need a room pretty soon if we don't." She teased.

"Hey! I wasn't that bad!" He said incredulously.

"Aww," cooed Nema, "tell me about little Cy-cy! I bet he was sooo cute!!"

"Cy-Cy?" Kay and Alaric both laughed.

Cylas merely grumbled as the girls got in the car. Laying a hand on his shoulder, Alaric leaned in before handing him the keys. "Keep a close eye on her Cy. Since our relation is out now she's liable to have a target on her back."

"What was that?" Asked Nema as Cylas got behind the wheel.

"Nothing. Lec, was just reminding me not to let you spend too much on yourself. Today is all about Kay."

"Aww how sweet." She gushed, causing Kay's face to turn red. "You see, he really does love you!"

———————

Hey! So these author's notes... yeah, in case you couldn't tell, most of the time I honestly have no idea what to say here and right now... I've got nothing. Just "hey!"