END

It had been three months now since the battle at Rock Creek and finally everything was as it should be. Cylas had had a very touching and emotional reunion with his parents. His father had been reinstated as the Beta of the Rock Creek pack... at least until the Alpha's son Ben took over and appointed his own (though with his cousin Garreth out of the picture it was uncertain who that might be). Natalia had been accepted as a member of Silver Fang. And Kay and Alaric, in conjunction with Cylas and Nema, had had a beautiful mating ceremony, officially making Kay Luna.

Kay still kept in touch with her cousin and uncle too and had even had the chance to meet her aunt. They met up from time to time in a nearby town not too far from pack territory. Both sides were doing their absolute best to win each other over to their own points of view though of course.

———

The familiar gangling of bells broke Kay out of her thoughts as Chase walked through the doors of the diner. Taking a seat across from his cousin, Chase let out a heavy sigh.

"I'm afraid this isn't just gonna be one of our usual social calls" he began.

"I gathered that by your message." Answered Kay "What is it?"

"Well firstly I need to warn you, there have been sightings of a particularly suspicious rouge in the area. It looks like there's a possibility it's an old friend of yours."

"I though you said you shot him." She replied.

"I did" affirmed Chase. "Between us and your lot, one lone rouge shouldn't be a problem though. Just thought you should know."

"Thank you." Nodded Kay.

"Now, for the real reason I wanted to see you" said Chase, rubbing the callouses on his hands a moment before finally looking her in the eyes. "What can you tell me about mates?"

Leaning back Kay fixed him with a knowing smile.

Chase may never stop being a hunter, thought Kay but at least now he no longer hunts indiscriminately. And who knows how great an affect he might someday have on the others... huh, who'd of thought... a hunter, the mate of a shifter.

—————

Hey!
Hope you all have enjoyed Caught In The Crossfire! I appreciate all the support and feedback you've given throughout! Thanks for sticking with it to the end :)

Q- now that it's over, what was your fav chapter(s) and why? Let me know in the comments. I'd love to hear from you!