Omega

Omega

I didn't wince, I didn't flinch, I didn't show anything

If I did, they'd just take more pleasure in my pain and hurt me more. So I didn't move. I braced myself for the incoming impacts.

I was a literal punching bag.

"You useless--" punch, "worthless," kick "weak omega!" he screamed at me. He stopped to look at my face for a while and squinted his eyes. He was probably just realizing now that he wasn't going to get any reaction from me.

He spat on the side and wiped the sweat that trickled down his face. "Hmph, you're no fun to beat." he says and leaves.

For the hundredth time, it worked. As long as I kept the pain inside, they would leave me alone.

After he left, I probably lay there for another 30 minutes just staring at the ceiling, contemplating my life as one word kept repeating in my head.

Omega.

I hated that word. I hated these ranks and statuses. Just because they were a rank higher than me, they think that they have the liberty to beat me up and treat me as their slave.

I was considered an omega because although everyone started getting their wolves at a young age, I was already 20 years old and well, wolfless. You're supposed to get your wolf before the age of 18 where you will also eventually meet your mate. To have your wolf after the age of 18 was practically impossible.

I always waited for my wolf, I believed that I was a late bloomer and that she will eventually come. But she didn't. I was cursed.

Many started saying that I didn't have a wolf because my parents betrayed the pack. I never believed them. My parents were the best people that I have ever met.

One day, I came home and they were gone. I searched for them everywhere even though I didn't get a single help from anyone in this useless pack. I searched for days, months and years, but just like the wind, they were gone. No trace, nothing.

I never hated them for leaving me behind though, I know they had their reasons. Maybe they couldn't bring me because it would be too dangerous.

I don't know, I won't question them. I won't hate them. I refuse to taint the happy memories that we had together.

About a month after their disappearance, some lower rank wolves started beating me up. At first, I didn't understand what was happening, I ran to the Alpha's and Luna's house because I was taught that they were the ones who were supposed to help me.

Let's say they helped for a bit, but even they couldn't defy the hierarchy of nature. I was at the bottom. No help was available. I was beyond salvation.

Time came and even the Alpha and the Luna used me as their punching bag and poison tester.

After what seemed like a long time, I walked outside and immediately felt the warm embrace of the moon's light. I looked up and saw the moon in full bloom.

Everyone loved the moon goddess, but I hated her. She probably hated me too because she didn't give me a wolf. She probably hated me too because she took everything away. No— she didn't give me anything to begin with.

I started walking to my home, my shelter. It was a few minutes away from the abandoned building where I was beaten up in. As I walked, I noted that my wounds were gone and I felt no more pain whatsoever.

Advantages of being a werewolf, I guess. But that didn't heal any of the wounds inside.

I sighed when my little abode came to sight. It was a very small cabin in the middle of the woods because according to the pack, I didn't deserve to live amongst them. Too dirty and weak, they say.

But I didn't mind, in fact, I was happy because I could be away from them. I opened the door and straightaway laid in my bed.

I was hungry, but there was nothing to eat. The only times I got food was when the pack house's cook, Ms. Delware gave me leftovers. On some days, I would hunt, but today is not one of those days.

I was physically, mentally, emotionally and totally drained. I didn't cry, no I couldn't. I had long accepted that this would be my life, unless...

I shook my head. No, I can't be a rogue. But then again, what's the difference in staying or leaving? I would still suffer in the hands of cruel people.

~

I opened my eyes and see the ground. My knee and head were bowed in reverence to someone, to who?

I looked up slowly.

There was a pond in front, adorned with many water lilies. Near the pond, there were hundreds and hundreds of moon lilies.

The moon shone so bright, I never noticed that it could shine so blindingly. Although it was night time, everything around me was well illumined.

Then I see her.

A beautiful woman with long black luscious hair was staring up the moon before she turns to me slowly. Her white silky dress seemed to flow naturally around her and shined too. Her skin was like milk and her grey eyes seemed to glow.

She was ethereally beautiful, gracious and I could feel power emanating from her.

Her plum red lips curved to a smile as she turns around completely, facing me.

"Rise, warrior." she says. Although her voice was soft, I took it as a command that I had to obey. I stood up to my feet.

I only notice now that my clothes were the clothings of a warrior. I brought my eyebrows together in confusion and that's when I heard the pretty lady chuckling.

I look up to her and she stops. Suddenly, her eyes seemed to drown in loneliness.

"You must hold on, Chári."

That's all she says and I'm gone from that astral realm.

I opened my eyes, blinking hard a few times.

What was that?