away

| away |

Morning finally came and I wasn't able to catch a glimmer of sleep

Morning finally came and I wasn't able to catch a glimmer of sleep. I'd been up all night thinking about what my mate told me. Come to think of it, I don't even know his name.

Anyways, he told me that we would be leaving today, but after everything that happened, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go with him. But I also didn't want to stay here. So in the end, I decided to go with him... for now.

I packed a few pair of clothes, the only ones that were proper and waited. Actually, I don't even know if I should stay here and wait for him or go at the pack house and meet him. But then again, what if this is all just a trick? What if he actually won't take me with him? What if he's just setting my hopes—

A knock on the door disturbed me. I didn't even notice the smell that came, I was so deep into my thoughts.

I tried to figure out who it was at first, but it was an unfamiliar smell. No, it wasn't my mate, but a faint scent of his can be also be smelled.

I got up and opened the door.

The man that stood there had a combed back brown hair and his hazel eyes pierced me as he observed. He was probably the height of my mate and probably just as broad and lean. It didn't take a genius to know that he was a high-ranking wolf.

"Hannah Davis?" he spoke. I felt goosebumps all over, his deep voice scared me. I nodded, but then he laughed. "Hey, are you scared of me? Gosh, don't be. I'm just your regular wolf." he says and walks past me.

Baffled, I watch him as he looks around and when his eyes found my small bag, he carried it. "I'll tell you everything on our way." he says and starts walking out of my house. He beckoned me to follow him in which I responded with a flat stare.

He didn't even let me say a word, he just barged in and now telling me to go with him.

But I found it hard to move from my place. I took a few steps away from my house and immediately felt the sadness. Although I hated this place, my little house was my comfort. It sheltered me away from everything. And now I have to leave it.

I'm diving into a new world with a blindfold, I don't what will happen to me from now on. Will I be fine?

"Hannah?" the man called out softly. I turned to him and saw him smiling. He put the bag down for a while and walked towards me.

"I'm sorry, I just..." I stared at the house.

"It must feel hard right? To leave this place? But sometimes, we have to let go."

I was taken aback by what he said and I couldn't help but look up to him. Again, he showed me that smile of his that seemed so encouragingly.

"Thank you." I whispered quietly and smiled, showing him that I will fight.