Alpha

Alpha

Raindrops pattered against my broken roof and skin

It had been raining nonstop for the past few days and quite harshly at that. I tried to fix the broken parts of my roof, but the wind just blowed what little fixture I tried.

Ms. Delware stopped by this morning to give me food and I was so thankful because I'd been hungry ever since the storm started. It was a great act because my small house was a far walk from the pack house.

Thunder boomed and I whimpered. I hated storms and thunderstorms. They reminded me of when my parents disappeared and when I first got beat up. The first time traumatized me. It was the most painful one, the pain had been unfamiliar so of course it hurt badly. I could still see the man's figure as he kicked my sides and punched my stomach.

Each hit he took, it seemed like the thunder beamed, forever etching the torture in my head.

I closed my eyes hard hoping that when I woke up, the rain would cease.

~

The night had already fallen when I was awaken by a stirring inside me. It was a warm and peaceful feeling, as I was at peace. It's been a while since I've felt this way.

My heart beat heavily in anticipation, but of what? I felt so restless for some reason and I didn't understand it.

Although the cold raindrops continued to hit my skin, I felt hot. A wave of energy and power that I've never felt before surged me and I needed to let it out so I started pacing around my small house.

I noticed that I could see better through the dark, it was as if I could see in the dark. I could also hear better. Outside, I could hear the leaves spiralling with the wind. How? I didn't know, but I was certain that the tingling sounds were the raindrops falling and the scratchy sounds were the trees and the leaves. My smell had also heightened. I could smell the pack house and the pack members that were afar off from here and I could tell which scent belonged to who.

Somehow, I knew that the cinnamon and sugary smell belonged to Ms. Delware. The alcohol and mud scent belonged to Stewart, the one who constantly beat me up.

I don't understand, what's happen—

"Hannah." I heard. I turned around and searched my field of view to look for the owner. But no one was here. And plus, I've never heard that voice before. Who did it belong to? I don't know.

I feel like I'm going insane.

"It is. I am not present physically, but I am in your head. You and I are one." the voice says again. My eyes widen as I start to realize what was happening.

"A-are you..?" I stutter in my head.

"Yes. I am your wolf."

"B-but how? I'm already beyond the age to get a wolf."