Gamma

Gamma

I was sitting at the training grounds when I smelled a familiar scent in the air

I was sitting at the training grounds when I smelled a familiar scent in the air. I looked around and saw one of the girls that challenged me come out from behind a tree. She had just finished changing after shifting back into human form.

She was tying her brown hair back to a pony tail as she walked over to me, a haughty look on her face. My wolf was insulted, but I tried to ignore it.

Who was she again?

I remembered her particularly because she has been looking at me with such a proud and knowing look whenever I saw her and I couldn't understand it. She has something against me, but I've never even met her.

"Abigail Truman, in case you didn't remember." she said when she stood in front of me and looked down on me. Literally.

I forced a smile, not answering. I had a feeling she was just here to piss me off and I couldn't let her do that.

"So you're the reason Ian came to see me that night." she said from behind me before I could even take two steps away from her. What night? "It's because he had found his mate..." she walked past me and stood in front of me again and looked at me from head to toe. "Only, she's an Omega." my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What is she talking about?

Seeing my confused look, she scoffed and laughed mockingly. "You know, it's really not a surprise that an Alpha as powerful as ours is unmated. And guess what?" she came closer to me, putting her mouth close to my ears to whisper a secret that shouldn't be heard. "He was my first."

I remembered now. That night when Ian had made me feel so betrayed, so worthless and so undeserving. It pushed me to try to escape, but he had caught me before I could do so.

The anger of the past was resurfacing, I thought I had forgiven and forgotten, but I was wrong. I had only been forgetting. Ian had done me so many wrongs, that was true, but lately he had made it clear that he wanted to fix whatever it is that we have and for now, that was more than enough for me.

My life is already full of bitterness and anger and carrying more negativity was becoming too much, it was destroying me internally. That was why I decided not to care anymore if Ian accepted me or not. It just didn't matter anymore.

What mattered now is fulfilling the path that the moon goddess had laid in front of me. Maybe in becoming the Luna, I'll find the answers I need. However, there were obstacles. Like Abigail Truman.

"I've always loved him, you know. I really hoped that he was my mate. Although he is not, at least I've got the chance to be and that's all thanks to yo--"

A low growl escaped my throat making her head bend down just slightly. The idea of someone else claiming my mate was still maddening. "Watch your mouth. You haven't won and you won't."