wolf

| wolf |

I kept on running

I kept on running. I noticed that I was way faster than before.

In less than a few minutes, I had already reached my run-down house. My heart was still beating heavily from my discovery and I couldn't calm myself down.

Tears had been falling nonstop as I ran and that shocked me. I never cried. No matter what the situation, I never cried. I learned that by crying, you only became more vulnerable. They would target you more. They would take pleasure in your pain. That's the kind of world this is.

'He can't be my mate.' I said to my wolf. I heard her whining inside my head.

'Hannah... I know you're scared, but he's our mate. He won't hurt us.' my wolf said. I wanted to scream at her, tell her that she didn't know how I felt. But I chose to shut my mouth, rather put my walls up. She wouldn't understand. And plus, I couldn't afford having the only one in my life hate me.

The emotions overwhelmed me like a whirlwind and I couldn't do anything except cry. Who was he? All I know is that he was an Alpha and that information enough was all it took me to cower away.

It just doesn't make sense. I'm an omega, I can't be mated to an Alpha. It was just, impossible. I mean, it happened, but it was very rare. Alphas were usually mated to another high ranking wolf's daughter.

My parents were neither high-ranked and nor was I.

After a while, my tears stopped and I finally put the walls in my mind down. My wolf immediately yapped happily. I apologized and told her how I just wanted to be alone for a while, but she said something that caught my attention.

'Why don't you try to shift?' she asked softly, as if one more word would break me. My wolf is so sweet.

My eyes widened at the thought. Me, shifting?

That's a dream I never thought I'd be able to do.

I let my wolf take over me and it happened so soon. I didn't know what to expect, so I just stilled.

All of a sudden, I was on all fours and I start to feel it. My bones cracking and breaking, my skin stretching out impossibly. It hurt so terribly much that I wasn't able to keep my eyes open. I could feel a tear of hurt falling down, but I tried to endure it.

I started screaming half-way through my shifting, but it just came out as a loud growl. My hands tried to grab something, but there was nothing to hold.

All I could feel was the excruciating pain all over and it didn't seem to stop.

But then, the pain stopped and my whole being sighed in relief. I didn't have the time to be relieved of my absence in pain though because as soon as I opened my eyes, everything was different.

Everything was... different.

I was in my wolf form now.

My senses were heightened to another level. I could see, hear, smell and feel everything. It was amazing. I wanted to cry, but all that came out was a purr.

My wolf barked happily and told me to go for a run.

However, one thing caught my attention which confused me.

'I'm a... grey wolf?' I ask. Was that even possible? I've never heard of such thing.

Sure, there were black wolves which were the Alphas. And then there were other mix of colours from shades of brown or hybrids of colours. There were white wolves who were granted some healing power, but a grey wolf? I've never heard that it was possible.

'Chári.' my wolf whispered and something in me perked up at the mention of the name. I've heard that name before.

Where was it?

I can't seem to remember.

'I've heard that name before.' I mentioned inwardly. For a long time, my wolf did not say a thing. 'Uhm, hello?'

'It's nothing. Why don't we go for a run? You're in need of it right now.'

I wanted to ask who Chári was but it didn't seem like my wolf wanted to talk about it, so I put the matter to rest and started striding towards the door.

Inside of me, the ringing and humming pull of my mate was still there, but I tried with all my might to ignore it. Besides, it didn't seem like my mate cared much also. If he did, he would have come after me.

He would have saved me.

So I started running. At first, the speed scared me, but soon, it was enjoyable. The wind brushed my fur back as I galloped towards the land.

For the first time in such a long time, I felt so... free. Like no one could stop me, no one could hurt me.

I wasn't weak or powerless now. I could fight. I'm not completely defenceless. I had my wolf with me.

I enjoyed the breeze of each passing wind and let the adrenaline rush through my veins.

But that didn't last long.

Under my paws, I felt it. Inside me, I felt it. I smelled it, he's here.

I looked around of me to find him. The adrenaline that heavily pumped my heart was now gone and fear reigned.

My stance has changed to a defensive one, waiting for the impact, waiting for the hurt. A low growl escaped my throat, trying to ward the danger away, but that didn't work.

He was coming closer. The stir inside me was a warming up. His smell was making me feel things, as if my being was supposed to lower my guards in his presence. My body was going against what I wanted, but I kept my will strong.

I kept backing up as he came closer, I didn't know what to do so I started running again. I started running away. I hope he didn't come after me, I hope he didn't notice that I was gone.

I just want to be away from him.

~

don't forget to vote, my friends!

xox
-sky