Chapter 2 - Gregory

You guys are good at guessing ;)

Here are their ages:
Lights - 16
Roxas - 17
Blue - 16
Specks - 17
Semi - 17
Cello - 17
Bass - 17
Mute - 16
Awful - 17
Scar - 17

Please vote and comment. I'll try to have chapter 3 out soon!

---

“I don’t understand though, why won’t you help me?” I walked after Roxas as we headed down the stairs. I know he heard the laughter! He was standing right down the hall when it happened!

“Just let it go, Lights. There’s nothing we can do. We just have to ignore him.” He kept walking ahead of me towards the dining room where the boys were playing poker.

“But-“

“Seriously.” He turned on his heels to face me. I nearly ran into his chest and I stopped myself quickly. “Just let it go, kid. Nothing good can come out of this. Remember what I told you? Stay out of trouble.” He kept his voice low so the boys in the other room wouldn’t hear him talking. He kept his serious eyes locked on mine until I finally nodded. He took a sigh of relief and turned to walk away from me.

“Where are you going?”

“Go play poker, Lights.” He said as he disappeared around the corner.

I wanted to follow him, but I also didn’t want him thinking I was stalking him. I looked back at the staircase and contemplated going upstairs to explore more, but he seemed serious about me staying out of trouble. What could they possibly do to me though? Ship me off? I guess that was the worst case scenario. Dare I say it? I kind of like it here…

I walked into the dining room to see some of the boys sitting in a circle with a deck of cards. They had money on the table which confused me because anywhere else I’ve stayed before didn’t allow us to have any of our own money.

“There you are!” Cello said happily and pointed to the seat next to him. I took it and leaned my elbows on the table to watch what they were doing. “Have you ever played before?”

“No.” I said and glared at the money. “How’d you get money?”

Scar shifted his gaze up to me and laughed to himself. “Allowance if we do a good job outside. You’re new so you probably won’t get one for a while.”

This woman hands out money? Now I really don’t want to leave.

Scar, Cello, and Bass sat and played cards for about an hour before I started to get bored. I wasn’t really interested in playing with them, so I decided to do another type of exploration. I got up from my seat and looked for the little love triangle that was brewing somewhere in this house.

I walked through the kitchen to get some looks from the two cooks. One of them just turned back to what she was doing without really acknowledging me, but the other one smiled at me and mouthed ‘hello’. I waved to her and headed on my way. I guessed it was Claudette, the woman that the boys had been talking about before.

At my last home, the cook Eunice used to yell if we even came near her kitchen. She even chased one of the boys with a hot spoon and smacked him in the back with it. No one cared though. No one even mentioned it after it happened.

Blue was sitting in the den across from the kitchen by himself with a book. As I approached him I found myself stunned by his good looks. “Hi there!” I said, trying to seem friendly.

He looked up from his book and I swallowed hard. He face was so beautiful and innocent. He smiled and closed his book. “Hi there, I’m Blue.” He held out his hand and I shook it. “You’re Lights, right?”