Chapter 11 - Mute

TRIGGER WARNING: If you are sensitive to anything please message me before reading this. I don't want to set anyone off. I just don't want to spoil anything so just message and ask me. 

I'm going to be updating this story on Tuesdays, but I figured I'd post this early (it's not even midnight yet here) because PTX decided to drop a TON OF NEW STUFF ON US TOMORROW!!!!!! It's going to be Halloween and us Pentaholics are going to be listening to their Christmas music obsessively. <3

Also new video. Also new Superfruit. Tuesdays are amazing.

Anyways, enjoy :3 I'll update next week. I'm updating Red and Gold on Wednesdays and then One-Shots on Fridays! Please message me with requests for one shots!

ALSO: If you're a fan of my series One Night/Stars Align/Love is Dangerous... I have a huge surprise for you ;) be on the look out. I'll make an announcement soon.

---

I woke up the next morning feeling more awake than I had since I'd arrived here. I got up after the boys had done their morning chores and joined them all for breakfast. For once since I'd gotten here I put a little effort into how I looked before I did so and I was feeling good. I don't know whether or not it was the kiss or the knowledge I was going to get out of questioning Mute, but I was feeling good and I didn't want it to stop.

I sat at the table and smiled at the boys, minus Scar, and looked to see Roxas hadn't come to breakfast per usual. I was slightly annoyed, but he'd show up eventually. He had to.

Claudette served crepes with all different toppings that morning and I ate like a pig. My body was asking for it, and even better it convinced her that I was really doing okay. I was worried that if I told her what I knew, she would get angrier with me and tell me to stop. Then she'd hint to Mr. M and Mrs. H just so I would back down. I had to keep up the act for everyone else.

"Wow, all you boys ate very well!" Claudette said as she and Rose started to clean our table. Roxas had never shown up and I started right towards the stairs once we were all finished.

"Hey, Lights?" I stopped suddenly and turned to Awful and Mute. "I think Mute wants to talk to you...I mean...not talk...you know what I mean." Awful got frustrated with his own confusion and walked past me to the staircase. Once everyone had gone away, I turned to Mute.

"Do you have paper with you?"

---

I sat on the chair in Mute's room and he sat on the end of his bed across from me. He was writing for quite a while, and I sat quietly as he did, examining his room only to find that there wasn't much to look at. There was almost nothing personal on the walls besides a strange drawing of a house on the wall.

He handed out the paper with a serious look on his face. I took it and opened it up nice and wide in my hands.

I grew up in a haunted house. A woman and her husband haunted it. The woman wouldn't bother us but the man would go out of his way to scare my sister and I. My parents didn't believe me and I'm pretty sure he's what drove them to do what they did. They killed my sister and tried to kill me. I'm here but I don't have a voice anymore. Most of the foster homes I've been in have been haunted, but this one's the worst of all. I didn't think it was bad until you got here...

My breathing hitched at the end. Roxas had done some digging but stopped when any other normal person would stop, and that's when Catherine started to haunt him. I was the stubborn idiot who really was bringing to light just how scary this place really was.