Chapter 19 - The War (Part 2)

I'M BAAAAAAACK

Yayyyyy. Updates will be sporadic until I get my schedule back on track. Holidays were brutal! Hope everyone had a great holiday :D

Starting in February, I won't be accepting one-shot requests any longer. I'll finish up what you guys have sent me up until this point, but I'm going to start focusing on my full-length stories in the new year.

Please vote and comment <3 thank you angels for being so patient for the delay!

---

I walked up the stairs to the house as the numbness began to fade. My entire body was aching violently and my left side was badly damaged from the glass. Claudette had commented that I should probably be in the hospital, but it was too risky now. If someone saw the shape I was in questions would be raised and an investigation would be put underway.

I entered my hollow bedroom and stopped in the middle of it. My chin started to shake and I started to breathe hard as realization hit me. I put my bandaged hand over my face and kept my scarred, torn left one next to my body. I hadn't seen myself in a mirror, but I knew I was a wreck. My face stung and throbbed from the shards that had torn through me. I was slowly getting eaten away and I was losing hope that I could actually stop this...

I started to cry and started to sink onto my scraped, cold, achy knees. I hit the floor with the thud and threw my face into my tattered hands as I started sobbing uncontrollably. I heard my name being called from downstairs, but I ignored it the best I could. I knew it was Roxas.

"Lights..." His voice softened when he saw me kneeling on the floor. I looked up at him only for a second before wiping the tears carefully off of my face. They stung the cuts from the glass and the wind, making me cry harder. He leaned down in front of me and put his hand lightly on my neck. He stroked the skin with his thumb until I leaned forward and melted into him as I cried.

"This isn't happening...!" I cried out and he wrapped his arms around me. "This can't be real! None of this is possible..." I rambled on, sobbing into the fabric of his coat.

"Sh..." He stroked the back of my head. "You're panicking ...try and relax..." I could tell he didn't know what to say to me. I could hear the fear in his voice as he spoke as if he was stuck in disbelief too.

"I can't do this, Roxas..." I said quietly, wiping the water away from my eyes.

"Yes, you can." He pulled me to arms length. "Look at me." He said and I tried my hardest to look up at him, but I started crying immediately again. I dug my face into my hands and rested the backs of my hands on his thigh. He gave up and started to rub my back lightly.

"I did this." I said.

"Don't start." He said angrily. "This was Catherine, not you."

"You told me not to!" I sat up again on my knees and put my hands up. "You've been warning me this entire time and I didn't listen because I'm fucking stubborn." I stood up slowly, and when he went to help me up I swatted his hand down. "Don't help me. I'm not worth it."

"Stop saying shit like that." He said to me. "You sound like me..."

"I'm dangerous."

"I don't care."

I shook my head and laughed darkly. "She's already trying to kill me. If she finds out how much you mean to me she's going to get you too."

His eyes softened at the sound of my words. "That doesn't mean I'm leaving your side."

I stared back at him and sighed. Just a week ago he was closed off from me, angry at the world, unable to express any true emotions and now it seemed like he was a different person. "I don't even know you."