Chapter 16 - Mausoleum

Here's the update I promised! Thank you all for the get well wishes :3 Winter bloooowwwws for this reason! Hope you're all doing well <3

Please vote and comment :D I'll update on Tuesday - back to a normal schedule!

---

My hands shook as I stood there, staring at the lifeless body that lay before me. The house was eerily silent and I shook as I turned to look towards the staircase. Catherine was there for only a second before she disappeared from sight. I started down the stairs with my hands in the air as if I were a surgeon going into surgery.

No one was on the first floor and I looked around desperately for a clock. It was mid-morning, already 10:30 in the morning and I didn’t hear one bell go off. I missed breakfast. Everyone was missing.

I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on, only washing my arms under the hot water. I scrubbed desperately at them even when the blood was completely gone. I scrubbed until it the pain was unbearable and dropped the bath puff onto the floor of the shower. I turned it off and stood there for a moment with my hand on the knob, my arms red and raw.

I turned and stared for a moment, waiting for someone, anyone, even Catherine to appear before me, but no one came. I walked forward, feeling numb and tingly as I made my way back to the staircase. I stopped when I saw the pool of blood that had formed at the very bottom from it trickling down the green velvet stairs. I walked up them anyway, desperate to see again what I did. I couldn’t have done that to him – no matter how much I disliked him. I wasn’t capable of killing someone alive.

I reached the top of the stairs only to be met with the same sight I’d seen before. Mr. M was dead, his throat torn open and his eyes wide awake. I stopped and started to shake as I began to sob. Catherine flickered in up near his head as if she was kneeling down and sticking her long, clawlike fingers into the fabric of his shirt. She growled and disappeared again. I put my hands on my eyes and backed up into the wall that separated Awful’s room and the stairs.

“Lights?” Blue’s sweet voice filled my ears and I dropped my hands from my face. He was coming up the stairs.

Oh my God, I thought as I stood there. He was going to see what I did. This was it. I was completely screwed.

“Whoa, are you okay?” His hand touched my shoulder and I jumped at the touch. I was shaking uncontrollably and he came around in front of me. “Lights, relax. What happened? Are you okay?” He repeated, pulling me close to him and holding me close. I shut my eyes as I started to cry and I wrapped my red hurting arms around his torso.

I put my hands on his waist and looked past him to where Mr. M….was.

Gone.

Nothing.

No blood. No body. No anything.

Blue put his hand on my jaw. “Mitch?”

I walked into my room and looked at the walls. All the Pentagrams were gone. I gripped my fingers into my hair and looked around the room in confusion. Blue stood in my doorway with concern on his face. “What’s going on? What are you seeing?” He came forward, his voice sweet and calming. He put his hands on my face to get me to look at him.

“I’m so confused…” I said, my voice hoarse and choking.

“Maybe you should lay down…” He put his hands down to my arms and tried to lead me, but I freaked.

“NO! No! I don’t want to lay down!” I threw his arms off of me and he looked at me with wide, scared eyes.

I put my hands on my face but immediately tore them away. There was blood! Mr. M was dead! Catherine…