Chapter 4 - Catherine

It's been three weeks since I've updated this, but here's the newest chapter. :) I made it nice and long for you guys as an apology. <3

So I posted this on a one shot, but I want to get to know you guys better! My name is Megan. I'm a writing student. I got into Pentatonix about a year and a half ago because of my best friend. I want to know how you guys got into them/if you've seen them live/if you like to write or read. I'm always down for gushing with other Pentaholics so please feel free to message me :3

I'm obsessed with writing this, by the way. I hope you guys are just as obsessed with it as I am. Please vote and comment as always, you little fablets ;) <3

Some language and sexual content. :-*

Also, this chapter looks longer than it is because I added an extra little story at the end. It's a personal story relating to the story. Feel free to read or don't read. Whatever you'd like :)

---

The night was cruel to me. I couldn't sleep with Roxas's warning playing over and over in my head as I tossed and turned on the hard bed. I finally gave up and got out of bed after hours of being uncomfortable and mindlessly made my way over to the bay window. I loved the thing, really. I could sit there and stare out into the large front yard towards the fields that surrounded the area. The pine trees in the distance were standing tall and proud against the cold, unforgiving winter air. The streets had been plowed but the snow was still blanketed over the dead grass. It was pretty, really, but I was sick of looking at it. I hated the winter because of the bitter memories it brought back to me.

I heard one of the boy's doors open and then heard them walk down the stairs. I didn't want anyone to know I was awake, so I shut my own door and climbed back into my hard bed. I looked off forward into the window anyway, unable to see much besides the lone street light outside the house.

Just as exhaustion was taking over me, there was a light knock on my door. I hesitated and thought about ignoring them, but they knocked once again and I gave in.

"Yeah?" I called out.

Blue came through the door as quietly as he could, making me sit straight up in bed. "Hi, Lights..." He said quietly. He came and sat down on the bed with me with a sad face on. "I don't think we can hang out anymore..."

"What, why?" I moved towards him on the bed.

"Specks said..."

"Are you serious, Blue?" I said. "He's playing you! You know just as well as everyone else that there's something going on with him and Semi too. You're going to get hurt."

"And you like Roxas." He shot me a look before standing up. "So I guess either way I'd be getting screwed. Sorry Lights, I like you and all, but Specks has been my best friend since I could remember." He sighed. "He may toy with me but he's been the only consistent thing in my life..."

I stared up sadly at the boy as he looked down at me for a reaction. "Alright." I said.

He nodded and looked down away from me as he left my bedroom and shut the door behind him. I felt uneasy about it. I did like Blue; he was perfectly gorgeous and doe-like, but he had a sense of humor and an innocence about him that I couldn't help but be attracted to. Specks had him wrapped around his little finger and he was at a loss. He only had one more month with the boy before Specks would leave...

For once, I was the player and the player got played.

---

I made it downstairs first to see what my morning task was. Before I could find my name, Bass came up behind me and pat me on the back. "Morning, Lights." His hair was a mess and he was still in his pajamas.