Envelope

"Mom please I'm fine...
No you don't...
Yes I'm sure...
Ok, talk to you later....
Good luck... love ya, bye" I say as I end the call. Last night we got back from the hospital, I wasn't able to go up the stairs so I decided to sleep in the guest room downstairs. I've been taking my medications to help with the pain and dizziness.
Dylan called my mom when I was in the hospital to let her know what's happened. She has been calling me non stop every 30min since then to see how I'm doing. She got so worried and was hoping onto the next plane available but she's in Germany getting ready for a fashion show and I told her I was fine. She doesn't need to come, there would be no need. So after trying many and many times, i finally convinced her that I was going to be ok.

Ever since we've gotten back, There has been a huge line of tension between Dylan and I. He won't even touch me because he's afraid he's going to hurt me. He didn't even sleep in the same room last night. Everything gets awkward when were together.
Since Dylan went to work today, Lexi decided to come and stay with me during the day. She's been with me all day and she's the only one that I've told about the fight with Dylan.
She told me that he's always been bipolar like that.

"Mia when he gets into a lot of stress, he lashes out. He can't control himself and he's always been like that. He says things he doesn't mean" she says as she hold my head. I lay my head back against the couch and let out a breath of exhaustion. Ya but what about the awkward tension between us?
What was I supposed to do? Totally ignore what he said about me? All those harsh words... I wasn't just going to put it behind me.

I hear the elevator ding signalling that Dylan's probably home. I turn to see him entering the apartment looking tired. He's probably busy at work since he was away for 2 weeks.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" He says as he walks towards me

"I'm better, how was work?" I ask him as I shift my gaze from him back to the tv

"Good, very busy" he says as he lets out a yawn.

"Well I guess I'm gonna go now, Mia if you need anything just call me" Lexi says as she gives me a hug

"Dylan there's food on the stove if you want to eat" Lexi says as she grabs her things to leave

"Ok thanks" he says

After she leaves, I decide to go to my room to take a nap. I was a bit tired. As I stand up, Dylan comes towards me

"What are you doing?" He asks a bit worried

I manage to stand up and slowly walk to my room
"I'm going to take a nap" I say

"Here let me help you" he says and grabs my arms from behind me. I flinch at the contact and back away a little

He looks at me for a moment before he speaks with concern in his eyes
"Are you afraid of me?" He asks

I don't answer him and continue to make my way to my room
"Dylan I'm fine" I say and close my door behind me

I cant. It feels weird when he comes around me. I don't know what's happening.....

****
A few weeks go by, my head heals completely. I'm feeling much much better. I slowly try to go back to my normal day to day activities. After that night, Dylan would leave really early and come home late. So I wasn't seeing much of him and I think we were both trying to avoid each other for some reason. All I can say is that nothing is going back to normal.

I walk into the building after coming back from a walk I had with Nick. I needed to get out of the house a little and do some exercise so I went with Nick. As I make my way to the elevator to go upstairs, I decide to check the box for any mail. As I look through the envelops, I notice one is addressed to me from the University in La.
Holy guacamole!

I quickly get into the elevator and eagerly open the big envelope. The elevator doors open and as I walk into the apartment, I start to read the letter

"Dear Mia Clark,
Thank you very much for applying to Otis college of art and design. Congratulations, you have been accepted into our school and......."
I stop reading there

WHAT!!? I got it!!
Omg I can't believe this! I start to scream and laugh uncontrollably.
I can't believe I got in!! I never in a million years actually thought I would get in!

I continue to read the letter. It says the semester starts in the beginning of February which is still about 2 months away. I was so excited and couldn't wait to call and tell Chris!
But then my happy thoughts faded away when I thought about telling Dylan.

How was I going to tell Dylan? What was he going to think or say about this? How was he going to take this or what was going to happen to us? Is there even an 'us' at all now? Were we still a thing?

All these questions that start to clog around my brain give me a headache. I put the letter back into the envelope and put it on my bed. I decided that I'll tell Dylan later. I need to tell him at a good time and good place. I also need to know what I'm going to tell him but I definitely know that right now is not a good time.

I dial Lexi's number and tell her the great news! Only Lexi, Nick and Chris knew that I had applied for the school.

"Miaaaa" I hear her answer in delight

"Lexiiii" I answer back

"What can I do for you" She asks

"Well I just wanted to let you know, it's not really important anyway.... I got a letter from Otis in LA and.... I GOT IN!" I yell in excitement

"What! I knew it I knew it!! I knew you would get in omg I'm so happy for you Mia!" She says wth happiness

"Thank you! I'm so happy to finally start doing something you know?"

"Yes I totally understand! So when does it start?" She asks

"In 2 months, I know it's a bit early but it's good to start early you know?" I say as I walk around my room

"That's good. How's Dylan taking this?" She asks and that's when the line goes silent

After a brief moment, I sigh
"Lex I haven't told him yet"

"You haven't told him about LA yet!? Mia when the hell are you going to tell him? When you head out the door?" She yells through the phone

"Well at first I didn't think I was going to get in anyway So I didn't bother telling him. And I feel like we're not on good grounds at the moment and this will just make things worse." I say and lie on my bed putting my phone on speaker

"Well Mia you need to tell him sooner then later. You want me to come pick you up and we'll go out for a coffee?" She asks

"That would be great" I answer back

"Perfect I'll be there in 15 min" she says and we end the call.

As I wait for Lexi, I think about what could happen for me in the future. This is a big step and a huge start and I was excited. Excited to finally do something. Start something.

As I grab my things to go downstairs, I leave my room.
Leaving the envelope on my bed and heading out the door

Thanks for reading!
Please comment and vote
More to come!
Bye for now 💋