Chapter Thirty-Five: Feelings Revealed

Chapter Thirty-Five

            The rest of the week was full of fake smiles, fake laughs and getting ready for the horse show today. I tug on some jeans and a plaid shirt that I tuck in showing off my shiny poles belt buckle. I grab my stuff and put my show clothes in a bag. I hear a knock at the front door so I grab all my stuff and run down the stairs and open the front door to a smiling Lexi and Kayden. Lexi is wearing a pair of old faded blue jeans, tucked into a pair of cowboy boots and I tight, white, spaghetti strap top with a blue plaid shirt barely hanging over her shoulders. She has her hair pulled in a pony tail and a wide smile on her face.

            Kayden is standing beside her in some wrangler jeans over top of a pair of cowboy boots and a white tank showing off his amazing muscles. His hands are shoved in his packet and his brown hair is messy. He has a big goofy grin on his face.

            “Hey!” I say with a smile and they both smile at me.

            “Hey,” they say together.

            “Kayden will you take this to the truck?” I ask batting my eyes at him. He sighs and grabs my stuff and walks away mumbling stuff. “What was that Kayden?” I call after him with a chuckle.

            “Nothing!” he calls back mumbling more stuff.

            “You’re brother is weird,” I say with a smile as I shut the front door and head to the barn.

            “Yelp,” Lexi say with a laugh as she follows me. “Which horses are we taking?” she asks as we walk into the barn.

            “Is Braden going be there?” I ask trying to decide if I need a horse for him.

            “No, he said to tell you he sorry and he loves you, but he has a date with Cara and he is super excited about it,” Lexi says and I smile. I always thought they would be cute together!

            “Ok that’s great I’m so happy for him!” I say and grab three halters. “We are taking Roo, Holy, and Midnight then,” I say ass I hand her a halter.

            Kayden walk in whistling and I hand him Midnight’s halter. “Get Midnight,” I say to him and he nods. Lexi is in Holly’s stall putting her halter on while I go and get Roo out of her stall. We all walk the to the horse trailer that I loaded last night and one by one we load them up.

            “You drive or me?” Kayden asks as we walk to the truck.

            “I will,” I say as I shut the trailer door. He laughs and jumps into the back seat while Lexi gets in the passenger side and I get in on the drivers.

            “Are you sure a little girl like you can drive this?” Kayden teases and I glance up into the rearview mirror and smirk then, flip him the bird.

''-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-''-'-''--'-'--'-''--'

            The sun is setting and I showed like two classes so far and right now Lexi and I are sitting on the side of the trailer while Kayden is slumped down in a fold-y chair.           Laughter fills my ears and I glance up seeing Cameron holding hands with some blonde chick who is NOT Jen! This girl is wearing so short jean short you can see her butt and her plaid shirt is tied under her boob showing off her flat stomach and belly ring. She looks like a slut to be honest.