Chapter #13 John

My mind is like a web browser
     19 tabs are open
          3 are frozen
                And I have no idea where the music is coming from...

         The morning breeze rippled through my crazy black hair. It waved softly in the beaming sun, and I could feel its tendrils of light reach me.

         I ruffled my hair, and yawned. Today was the first day of school. I had been preparing for months weeks days hours to get the entrance exam done.

         I had barely passed with a grade of 76%, I guessed that they were more interested in my ability than my intelligence.

          A smiled soon crept on my face, conquering Wellston was definitely on my bucket list (along with others) but it was nice to know that it was finally going to get done.

          The power and status was just additional bonuses. I just really wanted to see everyone's face when I beat them to pulps.

           Then the magenta haired girl flashed in my mind. She might be a problem, but as long as she uses her ability and I can copy it, she won't be a problem.

           And the king named 'Arlo,' doesn't seem too powerful. A high tier at most, but if he isn't, I could use him as another pawn.

          That's right, it's now chess reference.

           Everyone (other than those with powerful ability's) would be pawns.

           Those little but important and powerful people would be put as towers. So easy to move, but have their blind spots.

           Then their is the Bishops, the information center. They are sneaky and very reliable, but aren't too powerful. So they would suffice for information.

            The horses are perfect for putting out rumours and silencing people. Almost like spy's who silence and make sure no information gets out in public.

         And I, Well you know what I am. Not the king, absolutely not the king.

        The king is useless and has no significance. He is merely another pawn in my game.

         In reality, I am the Queen.

         That doesn't make me female, just makes me the strongest player in the field. And if there is no king to command his subjects, then who would be better suited for it other than the queen?

          So if I'm playing a game of chess with absolutely no king. Who do you think will win? Besides, everybody would come to my side once they notice I overpower the highest in the school. It's common instincts.

          'Your not going to trust anyone."

         I nodded, trust was to fragile to be passed onto someone who could easily break it. I knew the perfect person and example for that.

           Claire.

         Well, that was the past, I need to to move on. I have made my decision.
Three rules,
1) Don't trust anyone.
2) Conquer Wellston.
3) And make sure that any incident that happens will never get back to the Authorities.

         Pretty simple.

         * * * * *

          I opened the door, not knowing what to expect.

          Inside my so called little house, a simple sofa stood in the middle. Beside a little table, and a room connected to it which led to the kitchen. I could tell that there was a little hall that led to a small room. I had memorized the structure of the house anyway.