Chapter #59 Seraphina (The End)

He was warm.

As I held him in the embrace, I felt myself relax, and a sense of relief ran through me. Although I'd never want to admit it, I still questioned him a bit, his past. Obviously, there were two sides to the story in this case, but the boy from the hospital had left me with so many questions.

When he seemed to have stopped crying, I still stayed still, not wanting to ruin the moment. He seemed to have calmed down, and I patted his head comfortingly, although I was unsure whether he liked it or not.

He probably didn't, cause he pushed me away, standing up straight and wiping any sign of tears on his face. When he faced me again, I realized just how much taller he was than me.

Not as tall as Arlo... but still...

"Thanks," he mumbled softly, looking over to me. I gave him a nod and a smile. "That really helped, and... I feel lighter now." He rubbed the back of his neck almost sheepishly, "Well, kinda."

I shrugged, "No problem, I told you before anyway, I'll be here." I then smiled jokingly, poking him on the shoulder. "Whether you like it or not."

He smiled back, and it felt more genuine then the smiles he had given me in the past. Maybe today really did help him...

"Wait," he put a hand to his chin and glanced over to me. "You said earlier something about meeting someone, I don't want to make you wait any longer if there's still a chance of you seeing them."

Did he just sound jealous...?

I nodded and pursued my lips. "Well, I arranged it for later anyway, what time is it now anyway?"

Reaching for his phone, and clicking the home screen, he looked back at me. "Almost three, end of the third period." He then looked suspicious, "Wait... are you missing class?"

"Uh, no, I was supposed to meet with my exchange student..."

He let out a laugh, "Let me guess, you don't completely mind it either."

Laughing along with him, I shrugged. "Well not necessary, but I kinda feel bad for him, after all, he won't have anyone to be with during the activity. Does he have some other friends at New Boston that are here?"

John's face turned rather dark after that, and he shook his head. "No," he whispered, "Not that I know of."

Is Flint... troubled?

"Okay, well," I looked around. "What do you plan on doing now anyway? I have to meet with the said person at five, so I have a while. I have another friend who wants to meet with me, but I feel like you both would get along."

He brightened up, and shrugged, his dark raven like hair shining under the sun. His gold eyes seemed to grow rounder, and my breath hitched.

Cute...

"I don't have much going on," he admitted, he swayed to the side, tilting his head. "I guess I could come, although it depends on who this friend is."

"Oh, you know who Remi is, right?"

"R-Remi?" He seemed shocked at the name for a second, and quickly fixed his composure. "Yeah, I do know her."

Giving a thumbs up, I smiled. "Nice, she wanted me to see her new exchange student, and meet them. I feel like I'd be a bit left out anyway, so I wanted to see if you'd like to tag along."

He seemed hesitant and quickly shook his head. "Uh, sorry, if someone from New Boston is over there, I don't think it would be very good if I went."

"Not necessarily," I shook my head, "I mean, you've obviously changed, and it could be practice for facing Claire again. Play it cool, and apologize for what happened at New Boston, but release all those negative feelings at the same time."