Chapter #51 Seraphina

"This is annoying..."

The morning sun warmed my wrinkled cold uniform, and I shivered at the contrast of temperature. It seemed like a nice day, one of those typical days where you would think that it was perfect to go a beach, or maybe have a nice day outside.

However, the annoying pulsing pain on the left side of my hand stopped all thoughts of having a good time today. My thoughts were concentrated on one and only one thing.

'Make the pain stop.'

It was reasonable enough, having a constant pain is not something I hoped to have. Especially on a day where I would need patience, after all, I am meeting my exchange student.

'He will be the death of you...'

   I had to agree with that. Lasting one month with him? That seemed almost like a challenge that wasn't meant to be completed. Besides, I've already got to deal with an idiot already...

    I focused back on ignoring the pain and making my way to the school, without showing any sign or pain or discomfort. The pain in my hand wasn't that bad anyway, it was just annoying, and it seemed to shock me the same way it had done the first time.  I would flinch, even though I knew it was coming, it was frustrating to say the least.

   As I had hoped, there wasn't any interruptions on the way to school. Nobody stopped me to say hello, nor any unwanted enemies that annoyed me. I was also very glad to remark that nobody had followed me from my dorm, I didn't want that black haired idiot following me.

   The chatter of voices quickly brung me to a stop, and I regretted appreciating the silence, it seems I assumed it too soon.

    So, as quietly as I could, I tiptoed towards the sound of voices, curiosity is a bit too hard to get rid of. To my surprise, a big cluster of students in different uniforms stood at the entrance of our school. It was only then, that I realized that we were receiving Exchange Students.

   None of the could see me, unless they looked this way. Besides, I was behind one of the school walls, it would be too hard for them to spot me. But still, a chilling feeling ran through my back. If Flint and John had come from this school, how powerful were the other students?!

   Deciding that there was nothing here that benefited me, I turned around and began walking to another school entrance. Crossing my fingers and hoping that they wouldn't be entering the school just yet. I needed to arrive to the infirmary...

    And for the first time, I wouldn't have minded missing a day of school, even if it meant breaking my record for the days I had attended at Wellston.  

   Quickly shaking my head, I reminded myself that my mother herself received my report card, and she would be enraged to find out I had missed a day of school for the sole purpose of avoiding an exchange student.

   It didn't take long to arrive to the infirmary, and i knew that Doc would be there, just like he always was. Even if it meant facing his anger everyday.

     The door creaked open as I  carefully opened it, hoping that Doc wouldn't be too angry at my appearance. To my surprise and relief, he hadn't seemed to notice, quietly humming to himself and smiling.

     Smiling!

    It took all my willpower to not to take my phone right then and there, and to take a video. This sight was much too shocking to keep it unseen. I could imagine making an article with a picture and giving it to Cecile or Isen. Knowing that they would post it and watch Docs reputation crumble. Although they would credit me for it, and obviously, Doc would have it out for me.