V

HUNTERS POV

" Your car is ready to go, you can pay at the front desk."

The customer smiled, clearly she was happy she got her car back.

" Thank you so much."

" No problem."

Today has been a long day. I been working on 3 cars and I was ready to go home. I miss my family. It was around 9 pm and the shop closes at 10. Even though I am the boss, I still like to keep my hands dirty. I mean this is what I wanted  to do and having my own shop or should I say 2, is pretty damn awesome.

I walked to the back where my best man, David was working. I guess you can say, David and I have a pretty crazy relationship. We met when I went to the army and became close over the years. When I got injured, he tried to come see me every chance he got which isn't easy because we were in the army. We didn't have breaks. Well eventually, his wife Angelina found out that she had cancer, and him being in the army didn't see like the right choice for him.  He now works for me and he does a good job. Angelina  is doing very well now, cancer free and they have a 2 month old daughter, Rosie.

" Hey man?"

He was eating, " Whats up? You good?"

I nodded, " I need you to close up for me, I am tired as shit."

He laughed, " Yea, of course. Tell the family I said hi."

" I will, thank you. I will see you tomorrow."

" Oh hey, Angelina and I are having a barbecue and she asked me to invite you guys."

I chuckled, " Food? Of course."

+++++++++++

I opened the door and saw Lyla reading a book on the couch.

" Hey beautiful."

She looked up from her book, " Hi dad."

" How was your day?"

She shrugged, " It was good, I started to read this new book and I really like it."

I sat next to her, " Oh yea? What is it called?"

" Divergent."

Lyla is very smart for her age, which is why I'm not surprised she is reading this big book.

" Good job on pushing yourself to a bigger book. I'm proud kiddo."

I kissed her forehead and stood up.

" It is getting pretty late though, so you should head upstairs."

She nodded, " Okay dad."

" Where is Noah?"

" Mom took him to Aunt Mia's house because Jordan wanted to have a sleepover. Oh but mom took me to get my nails done!"

She showed me her blue nails.

I chuckled, " Pretty. Is your mom up?"

" I think so."

"Okay head up to your room, I'm going to eat dinner."

" Night dad."

I hugged her, " Night baby girl."

I walked to the kitchen and saw my plate in the microwave. I heated my food up and checked my phone. I saw that I had a text from Lily 30 minutes ago. Oh shit.

I love  you.

Those three words still have an affect on me. I been thinking that Lily may be pregnant but I haven't brought that discussion up, because she will probably think I am telling her that she is gaining weight and that is not a conversation I want to have. My wife looks perfect.