VI

NICKS POV

Why won't I marry Mia?

Why wont I give her my last name?

Why I won't give her what she wants when she gave me our son?

There is only one answer for all of that, I messed up. It was 4 years ago when this situation happened and I hate myself for it. Mia and I were having an argument and I left before I said something I will regret. I went to the bar and all I remember was waking up hearing my phone ringing constantly by Mia and a naked woman on the other side of the bed. I left so quick and didn't even say a word to the woman. Sat in the car for hours, just thinking what I done.

I regret it every single day and I don't feel right by giving the most selfless, beautiful woman the name that she probably wouldn't want in the end.

I wish I could take back what I did, but I can't and I haven't told her because I know she will leave. Mia is the love of my life and that woman meant nothing to me. I know I am hurting her by not bending on one knee but until I tell her, it has to stay like this.

" Nick, can you check to see if we have enough eggs for the cake?"

I looked up from my work to see Mia with her apron on. She was measuring some stuff but she had flour all over her and I just wanted to laugh.

" Ok."

I stood up and walked to the fridge and saw the eggs.

" How many?"

" Two."

I took two out and sat them on the counter carefully.

" Is this for me?"

She shook her head, " No. Lily wanted some of my famous cake and so I am making her one."

Since that little talk we had, things weren't great, but they weren't the worst.

" You know something?"

I grabbed an apple, " What is that?"

" Call it bestie instinct, but I think Lily is pregnant."

" Nah, I don't think so."

She smirked, " Want to bet?"

"Okay, what are we betting?"

She stopped mixing and start thinking.

" So, if I am correct, you have to make me dinner and care for me."

" What type of care?"

She chuckled, " Don't be stupid Nick."

Oh wouldn't she love that. Now it was my turn.

" Okay, if I win, you have to buy me that watch that I have been wanting."

She put her hand out and we shook on it.

" I am going to be right. I am pretty sure I would know if my sister is pregnant."

" Mhmm. Ok baby."

My pager start going off. I went to go check and it was my patient.

" Shit!"

I start putting on my things and kissed Mia goodbye.

" Bye babe."

" Bye Nick. Be safe."

" Always will."

++++++++++++++++++

I have this patient who is only 9 years old. He is the coolest kid ever but unfortunately he has a brain tumor. I just operated on him and took all of the tumor out so I am hoping everything is okay. Me being a doctor is something I thought I would never see but I love my job, not all of it, but majority of it.

I ran to the desk and grabbed the clip board.

" What's wrong with Jackson?"

The nurse shook her head, " Huh? Nothing. Why?"

I sighed and knew what this was. Jackson and I grew close to each other and sometimes he would get bored so I told him anytime he needed me, to have the nurses page me. Only at a reasonable hour and that's what he did. I'm just glad he is okay.

" Nothing. It's fine, thank you."

I put the clipboard down and walked towards Jackson's room. His mom was in there sleeping while he was watching t.v. He did look pretty bored.

" Missed me?"

He gasped and turned his head in my direction, " You came?! I didn't think you were, I thought you were just bullshitting."

I laughed, " I said something and I am going to keep my word, and stop cursing young man."

His father wasn't much of a help, his mom Izzy was a single mom since Jackson was 2 years old. His father walked out of Jackson's life and never came back. Izzy is one strong woman and I admire her courage. Hell I admire Jackson's courage.

" What do you want to do little man?"

He shrugged, " Why didn't Jordan come?"

Here is the sad part of this story well one, Jackson is Jordan's best friend, they met in school. I never met him before they came to get help, but Mia knew Izzy and they met.

" He is with his uncle at practice."

" Okay, well can I get some ice cream and you can go back home with my wife."

I laughed," Kid, never going to happen, she is mine."

He was going to reply when we both heard Izzy moving. She opened her eyes and saw me.

" Hello, Ms. Smith."

Her eyes widen and ran over by Jackson.

" Relax mom, I'm fine, I was just bored so I asked for Doctor Montez."

She sighed, " Okay, thank you for coming Doctor. Jackson this man has a life of his own."

I waved it off, " It's fine, but Jackson you should get some rest, the nurse would be in here soon to make sure everything is steady. Good night to you both, see you tomorrow."

" Night."

I walked out of the room and checked on my other patients before leaving to go back home.

+++++++++++++

AUTHOR SPEAKING!!

I know this was short but I wanted to get Nicks point of view out there.

How could he cheat on Mia???

Vote or don't byeeeeee