XIV

Lily's POV

" Hunter I can't take it. He's not my baby no more." I sat on the bed with tears coming down my face.

Hunter sat next to me and took my hand into his, " Princess, he's always going to be your baby. He's not moving out, he's just turning one."

As you can see I'm a little emotional. It's Karters first birthday and I thought I was going to be okay but just looking at my baby immediately made me go into tears. I think I want another baby but don't tell Hunter.

" You're right. I'm going to get myself together before everyone gets here. The men came to set everything up right?" I walked towards my closet to get the costume.

He nodded, " Yea, they just left. The kids are changing and I'm going to do the same when you get done."

I walked back over and kissed my husband, " I love you."

He smiled, " I love you too princess. Now go get ready." He said as he smacked my ass.

30 minutes later I was finished and went inside Karters room to wake him up. I needed to make sure he had his nap because if he didn't, it wouldn't have been good.

" Big boy. Wake up bubba."

He turned over to the other side obviously fed up with me.

I picked him up and he put his head on my shoulder. Don't cry Lily!

" Come on let's get you ready."

" Mom!"

I walked into the hallway and seen Noah. He had his costume on and he looked adorable.

" Aww look at Mr. Handsome. You look good boy."

His cheeks started to turn red, " Thanks mom."

I went downstairs to feed Karter when I heard the front door open.

" Sister! I'm home."

I squealed and put Karter in the seat. I ran to the door and jumped on my little sister Belle. It's been months since I seen her due to her deciding to move to Italy. It felt good to have her back though.

" Aunt Belle!"

The kids ran downstairs and engulfed her in hugs.

" Aww my wonderful niece and nephews. I missed you guys."

" We missed you too."

" She grabbed a bag and gave it to them, " You know I couldn't come here without gifts!"

Noah opened his bag and it was some games and a new hoverboard.

" No way! Thank you aunt Belle."

" You're welcome, open yours Lyla."

Lyla pulled out a pandora bracelet and a collection of books.

" Aw, it's really pretty and this is my favorite collection. Thank you."

" Anything for my faves."

" Can you guys take her luggage to the guest room please."

" Yes Ma'am." They said in sync.

" Where is the birthday boy?"

" Come on."

We went back to the kitchen and Belle ran to Karter.

" My chubby bunny!" She began kissing him everywhere and it was funny because Karter was looking at her crazy.

" I don't think he remembers me."

" Yea, I agree."

She shrugged and put him down, " Well happy birthday nephew who doesn't remember me and who got you the best gift ever."

I laughed, " It's because you moved so far away. You don't think you should come back?"

" No Ma'am."

Belle went to college and at the time still together with Lucas. They were the best for each other and madly in love with one another. Belles sophomore year of college, Lucas got into a bad car accident and died due to sudden impact. It absolutely tore her up and I hated to see my little sister have to go through that. She recovered slowly and decided to move to Italy after college.

She's doing really good. She works in the technology field and I couldn't be more proud of her. I know Lucas would be as well.

" I should come visit you."

" Yeah, come for your birthday. Italy is one place to party."

" Is that my favorite little sister?"

Hunter came downstairs and Belle ran to hug him. They had gotten close when Lucas died because Hunter could relate to the pain she felt.

" I missed you bro."

" Same, how have you been?"

"Good, living great. It looks like you been living good due to my sister not trying to kill you again."

I scoffed, " What happens in the past, stays in the past."

Hunter did something to really piss me off and I threatened to stab him. No worries.

" I still love you."

I didn't even noticed he had his costume on but he looked like a older version of Noah. I wanted to laugh at how dorky he looked but I knew that would set him off. I need to take pictures.

" I like the costume." Belle spoke but I could tell she wanted to laugh.

He sighed, " Shut the hell up."

" My baby looks adorable. I love it."

He looked at me and I couldn't help it anymore. I laughed so hard.

" I'm glad you think this is funny. But it's okay because let's see how many numbers I can still get. Watch all of Karters little friends still want me."

I looked at him and then looked at Belle and laughed some more. This time Belle joining in.

" Freak you guys."

+++++++++++++

" Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Karter. Happy birthday to you!"

We all sang around him and he was clapping.

" Time to blow the candles!"

Hunter and I blew them out and everyone began clapping.

" Thank you guys for all coming. Lily and I really appreciate it. Hope you guys are having fun and it's cake time!"

I laughed, " Yea, thank you guys. It wouldn't have been so special without you all being here."

We cut the cake and now we were all sitting around eating while the kids were playing in the bouncy house.

Hunter began looking around," Mom where is Cole?"

She shrugged, " He should be here. He told me he had something to do but that was earlier.

" Uncle Cole!"

He sighed, " Speaking of the devil."

" Yo! What's up kids."

I seen him pick up Karter and he walked towards us.

" Hey kids."

Hunter sighed, " You're late. And this hasn't been the only event where you had been late."

Cole sat down, " Chill. I had something to do but I'm here now.

I could tell Hunter was getting aggravated so I held his hand. Cole always does this. He usually stays out all night too and comes back at like 4 in the morning. And I know he is 19 but he makes his mom worried which makes Hunter worried. I just hope he's okay.

" Whatever man."

++++++++++

We got Cole back but what's going on???

Poor Belle 💔

Hope you enjoyed. Vote or don't byeeeeeee ♥️