Special 2

3rd POV

The rain tapped on the cold windows, reducing the recently formed stains whose orgin was unknown to the window's little owner. They slid down the glass quite lively, creating tiny puddles in the outside wall's cracks. Despite the gloomy wheather, [y/n] considered this to be a beautiful day, maybe with little to no sunshine but it was definitely worth enjoying. She slid off her bed and tucked her tiny feet into her favorite pair of house slippers and headed towards the main entrance. The casual Saturday mood was obvious in her home, workers' occasional chit-chats about where they should have coffee after work and tired but nevertheless happy faces backed it up. She reached the door right in time, just as she was two meters away, it opened to reveal Ayato and his parents. Her father rushed to welcome them in, even though they clearly stated they only came to drop Ayato off. Well, it's not like [y/n] cared about all that grown-up stuff anyway. She took his small soft hand and took him to her room which she restocked with finest candy the night before. She was READY ready.

"Okaaay! Which one of these should we watch first?" [Y/n] asked rather enthusiastically, while holding few cartoon DVDs.

"Haven't you watched all of these already?" Ayato carefully examined the covers to clear his suspicions.

"Yeah but not with you." She picked a cartoon at random and sat Ayato in a huge bean bag surrounded with warm blankets and Christmas lights.

After adjusting everything necessary, she sat next to him and snuggled into the warmness of her favourite blanket that she was more than willing to share with her best friend. Soon, the cartoon got too boring for them to handle and they carelessly drifted to sleep.

"Hey, hey, Ayato." [Y/n] tiredly muffled while softly shaking her friend's shoulder. "Wake up, it's almost lunch time."

At her words, Ayato's dark eyes slowly opened and directed their attention towards the clock on the wall.

"I have my doubts that we'll be able to eat anything considering the amount of candy we ate prior to-" [y/n] shushed Ayato by placing a finger on his cold lips.

"No big words untill we're twelve." She smiled and pulled a misterious map from behind her back. "We still have some time before lunch begins, wanna go on a tour of my home? The only places you've ever been to are the enteryway, living room, toilet and my room. Aren't you a tad bit curious?"

"No." Ayato responded with a spark of hope that [y/n] will drop the topic, her house was like a dreadful maze waiting to swallow up naive little children. I wouldn't want to go either tbh.

"Okay, let's go!" She took his hand in hers, snatched a backpack from a giraffe shaped coat stand and leapt throught her room's doorway. (A/N: Has anyone watched "The girl who leapt through time"?😭😭😭)

While running through the red carpeted hallway, Ayato noticed a consistency of plants and paintings allined against his right, which was a wall with doors littered here and there, while on his left were floor to ceiling widows showing the colour booming garden right outside the building. He couldn't help but consider it a beautiful sight worth remembering.

"Ta-da~, our first stop - the rooftop!"
[Y/n] announced as she opened the firm double doors. They stepped away from the wooden staircase they just came from and entered what [y/n] would occasionally call a little slice of heaven. "I like to play with my small figurines here, the plants make amazing forests! Too bad the figurines often get blown away by the wind and end up burried in the garden..." She came close to the railing, turning her head enough to see Ayato by her side and assure he isn't afraid of heights.

"This is so... pretty..." The boy mumbled while looking at the garden, it was even better than what he saw through the hallway's windows. "It's so peaceful and calm. It makes me feel bubbly and soft on the inside. Weird."

Far away from the traffic and noise, Ayato felt at peace. The soft warm wind and the smell of flowers it brought with itself detached him from the uninterasting world. He gripped the wet railings tighter, not wanting to lose this precious moment of pure satisfaction and happiness.

[Y/n] watched him with wonder from the corner of her eye, her friend rarely emotionally reacted to anything, this was clearly special to him. He smiled. It was his brightest smile, at least from what [y/n] can remember.

She turned back towards the dazzling view, her hands nervously stroked the ends of her night grown she hasn't taken off since the early morning. "Ya'know..." [y/n] started. "You can come here as much as you want to, if it makes you happy. I'd like to see you smile more." She smiled and stretched out her hand for him to take. "Come on, let's go to the garden, we have a small tea house down there. I'm sure you'd love it." She finished as she tucked the map into one of her grown's many pockets.

"Yeah." Ayato accepted her proposal with joy, the feeling of excitment filling up his body. He loved Saturdays.