Obito (Part Two)

Day 14

Obito had been in Oto for two weeks now, and he had decided to cement himself there. He felt comfortable in the new village, and being a sensei was something that he had taken to like a fish in water.

He had been surprised when Sakura had given his team roster, complete with their records, and told him to go find them at one of the training grounds. All of the training grounds were just outside the village limits, to cut down on damage to the village if a spar got out of hand, and to serve as the first line of defense for the village, in the off chance that they were attacked.

Obito had found the three genin with no issues. He sat and observed them for a while, noting the two boys, one an ashy blonde, and the other a brunette, seemed to get along well, but their female teammate, a girl with red braids, was left to her own devices. He would have to fix that.

He had phased into view, through Kamui, only a couple feet from the prospective team. They had jumped back in shock, not expecting anyone to just seemingly appear out of nowhere.

"Hello, I'm Obito, your new sensei. I will be training you until I deem you ready to go to another sensei in preparation for the chunin exams."

The three eyed him suspiciously. "Why would the Otokage put a crippled guy in a sensei position?" the blonde asked.

Obito's eye twitched. "Believe me, I'm not crippled. Far from it."

The blonde snorted. "Says the guy with one eye."

"Believe me kid, by the end of the day, you're going to be wishing you never said that."

And all three of them definitely had. Obito had given them the bell test. "There are two bells. You three have to get them from me. I don't really care how. You will not get them from me if you come at me with anything less than an intent to kill. The person that doesn't receive a bell will return to the academy. I would think very hard about the implications of only having two bells. Look underneath the underneath."

He had been disappointed when the two boys immediately left their female teammate to fend for herself, and to prove a point and really shove the point home, he had proceeded to completely thrash the girl, who had attempted to take him on alone. He felt the two boys watching the match.

When they had appeared before him, shielding their teammate from him, and proceeded to work together in an attempt to get the bells, he had been pleasantly surprised. He had thought for sure that the two boys would leave the girl to fend him off alone.

They never managed to even get close to him, but they had continued to work as a team in an attempt to beat him. By lunch time he had seem enough.

"Stop!"

All three had stuttered to a stop, mid attack. "You pass."

The blonde, Kisuke, shouted, "But we didn't get the bells!"

Obito nodded. "The point of the test was never to get the bells. You would never have been able to touch me, let alone the bells. Can anyone guess what the point was?"

"To piss us off," Kisuke muttered. Obito snorted.

"Was it to work as a team, sensei?" the girl, Asami, asked.

Obito grinned. "Yes, it was. Remember this. Those who break the rules are trash, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash."

"Sensei, you sound like a fortune cookie," sighed the brunette boy, Akihiko.

Obito snorted. "I'll have you know that Kakashi Hatake, and his team, operate under that phrase, and the Otokage was part of that team."