The Hostage

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Hostages/kidnapping, swearing,

The Avengers don't know Peter's identity in this. Also I was going to make this into some hardcore angst but I feel like my readers don't like seeing spider-man/peter out of character.

Jokes. They were his specialty. During battles he'd make sarcastic comments and jokes, sometimes for the amusement of the situation and sometimes to make himself less nervous about the situation.

This particular day the Avengers were helping Spider-man with a hostage situation. Normally they wouldn't help out but this one was bad. The man threatened to blow up the whole building he was in if his demands were not met.

"Spider-Man, try and catch a glimpse of the criminal!" Captain America said into his earpiece.

"Aye Aye Captain." Peter said, saluting. He sneaked into the building. when he finally reached the bottom level he saw the man. Well, not exactly. He was wearing a black ski mask.

He looked around a little more and saw the hostage. The hostage was- "No way." He said to himself.

The hostage was his best friend Ned.

"What? You got something Spidey?" Tony Stark asked.

"Uh, I got in and saw the criminal but hes wearing a mask, but hes got brown eyes if that counts as anything. Also uh.. the hostages name is Ned Leeds." He responded

"I am getting some major JD vibes from this criminal." Peter joked, trying to make himself feel better rather than everyone else.

"This isn't the time for musical references, Spidey." Tony spoke.

"I could have been referencing the movie, you never know."

"Shut it you two, this is a serious situation." Cap said, a little ticked.

He quickly got out of the building and met back up with the Avengers who were discussing a plan of saving the hostage- no, his best friend.

He tried to listen in but he couldn't. He couldn't stop thinking about what were to happen if he failed. His best friend would die. Ned would die. The only other person who really cares for Peter in this world besides aunt May and MJ.

Tears started to fog up his eyesight as his thoughts just got worse about losing his best friend.

He was brought back to reality when he felt a hand on his shoulder,

"You good?" Hawkeye asked. Peter nodded, obviously lying.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" He said in a happy tone.

"You just zoned out for the whole plan, not to mention you were shaking."

"No, it's fine. It just happens sometimes."

"Whatever you say." Clint walked away, not believing it but assuming it's best to not push on it.

"What does the criminal want anyway?" Peter asked over the coms. "Uh, apparently he wants your identity and 300,000 dollars." Tony replied.

Peter sighed and took a deep breath, all he had to do was just pretend to have the money, walk in and say hes going to reveal himself and then just snatch Ned. It really shouldn't be that hard.

"I'm coming in, and I have the money!" Peter shouted to the criminal while holding a silver briefcase containing the "money." Peter walked into the room where Ned is and he could see Ned relax just a little bit.

"Okay now show me your face or i'll blow this building up!" The man said.

Peter began to take his mask off, right as his mask got to his nose he opened the briefcase and threw it at the man. Electricity pulsed through the man, straining him from being able to push the button that would explode the building.

He ran over to Ned and untied him. "Ned are you okay?" Ned gave him a thumbs up, still in a little shock of what just happened.

Peter grabbed the detonator and Ned's hand and were about to make it out of the building when it began to shake. "I THOUGHT THE BRIEFCASE WAS SUPPOSED TO WORK?!" He shouted over the coms.

"He must have had a second detonator!" Natasha said through the coms, clearly pissed.

"Ned, Run! I need to save the criminal too!" Peter yelled.

"No Peter i'm not leaving you! I'm your guy in the chair!" He cried.

"Ned-" Before Peter could finish his sentence Ned pushed Peter with all of his force out of the building, and then the building collapsed.

Peter crashed down with a yell. He pushed himself back up and ran at the building trying to get back to Ned but someone behind him grabbed him.

"Let go!" He screamed. "Let go or I'll break your goddamn arms!"

"Son, I can't let you go into that building." Steve said.

The rest of the Avengers shared confused glances.

Peter screamed in rage and flipped Steve over him and then ran back towards the rubble of the building.

"It's like his mom adrenaline just kicked in" Tony said, staring in awe and Peter threw giant concrete blocks out of the rubble. "Who knew he was actually that strong."

"My question is why is he acting like that towards that kid? I've never seen him act like this before." Clint questioned.

Tony shrugged and looked at Natasha who only shook her head.

Peter didn't stop digging, he couldn't. His best friend is going to die! And it was all his fault.

Finally after throwing off one more piece of concrete Ned's whole body was visible. But he wasn't a pancake, he was just curled in a ball protecting his head.

"Ned are you okay?!" He yelled in a panic.

"I'm good. I thought I was gonna get crushed to death but turns out there was something above me that prevented the concrete from actually hitting me. I really thought I was a goner." Ned explained.

Peter helped Ned out of the rubble and once Ned was all the way out Peter didn't give a fuck about other people seeing his emotions.

He crashed into Ned and wrapped his arms tightly around him.

"Ned, you fucking idiot! Never do that again! I could have gotten out but you could have died."

Ned groaned then chuckled and said, "you can't get rid of me, I'm your guy in the chair."

"Yeah, I know." Peter said, crying and hugging Ned tighter. "Oh my god I thought I lost you, Ned."

"Is he laughing?" Tony questioned.

"No.. actually I think he's crying." Steve responded.

"Someone should tell them we're still here." Clint said.

"Nah, this is kind of heart warming." Natasha smiled.

,,,,,
❣️Sup guys it's been awhile because I'm a procrastinator.

If you requested something I am working on it, BUT feel free to keep requesting.

So uh I had way more in store for this chapter but I'm stupid and it didn't go the way I wanted even though I wrote it. If that makes sense?

ANYWAY HOLY SHIT 20k+ READS! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING AHHHHHHH

-ToastedShirts❣️