Chapter Five

2014

You and Peter are on a planet called Morag to retrieve some sort of relic. Yondu and the other Ravagers were supposed to get it, but Peter thought that you two should do it instead. Not to help Yondu, but to steal from him. This relic is worth a shit ton of units, you're sure of it. If it wasn't, Yondu wouldn't be after it.

  You don't really want to steal from Yondu since he rescued you from a worthless life on Earth, but Peter says it will all be okay. Peter's word means a lot to you. Trusting him is something you've always done and will always do.

  Peter lands the Milano and rubs his hands together. "Alright, you ready?" He asks as he stands up.

  You nod. "As ready as I'll ever be." You stand up as well.

He puts his hand on your shoulder, causing you to look up at him. There's that warm feeling again, the one you get when he touches you in any sort of way.

"I know you don't really wanna do this. I understand why, but we can't worry about Yondu all the time. He told us that one day we'd have to fend for ourselves." He turns you to face him. "We're just doin' what he said."

You bite your lip, looking into his eyes. No part of you can ever say no to him. It's impossible. You trust every word he says because he has never had a reason to lie to you. And you've never had a reason to lie to him. Hiding your feelings doesn't count as lying does it?

"Let's just get this over with." You say, breaking away from his light hold on your shoulder.

"Are you mad?" He questions in disbelief as you make your way to the way out.

You shake your head and turn around. "Peter, stealing this relic is like stealing from Yondu. I don't think you understand how much I owe him."

"Owe him? (Y/n), he stole you. He stole us!" He can't believe what he's hearing even though you've said something similar before.

You shake your head. "Yeah, he did kidnap you, but did you ever wonder why? Maybe there was a serious reason he did it. As for me, Peter, I was being abused! Told I was nothing while I was getting kicked in the stomach! The way I see it, Yondu saved my life. And if it wasn't for him, hell, I'd probably be dead. So, yeah, I owe him even though he stole me to keep you company!" You've never unloaded your feelings in such a frustrated manner before. Especially to Peter.

Realizing what you've done makes you feel angry at yourself. You could've explained how you felt in such a nicer way.

"I'm sorry." Peter softly speaks.

You look up at him with confusion. Why would he be sorry? He didn't do anything wrong.

"I shouldn't've said that stuff. Sometimes I forget that we see him kidnapping us in different perspectives." He takes a step towards you. "But if him kidnapping us means we get to know each other, then I'm happy he did it." He places his hands on your shoulders. "Because without you...I'm lost. Hell, I'd be dead."

Not to toot your own horn, but he's right. If you weren't there with him last year, he would be dead. Since then you've been practicing your healing ability. You can do it without breaking a sweat.

A smile makes its way to your lips, accepting his apology. "Come on, Star-Lord. Let's get this relic."

  "God, I love when you call me that." He mumbles under his breath, but you still hear him.

  You look over your shoulder with a smirk, but also a small blush. "Oh yeah? Guess I'll have to stop calling you Star-Lord and call you..." you tap your chin as you think. "Star-Prince." You joke, turning around and opening the door to get out.