Chapter Seven

"If we're gonna get outta here, we're gonna need to get into that watchtower." Rocket explains as you all grab a strange tray of food. The tray holds three metal cups of some kind of disgusting food and probably a drink. It's all liquid though... you can't tell which is which.

  You look up at the large watchtower as the lights around it scope out the area along with drones that are flying in the air. Getting there won't be easy. Rocket better have one hell of a plan.

"And to do that, I'm gonna need a few things." He continues as the five of you leave the food line. "The guards wear security bands to control their ins and outs. I need one."

  "Dibs." You say simultaneously as Gamora says, "Leave it to me."

  Both your heads turn towards each other. "Together?" You question with a shrug. She nods, giving you your answer.

  "That dude, there. I need his prosthetic leg." Rocket explains another element needed as you all walk into the main area.

"His leg?" Peter questions in confusion as the guy with the fake leg passes by your group with a limp.

"Yeah." Rocket confirms. "God knows I don't need the rest of him. Look at him, he's useless."

  Peter looks over at you as you do the same. With a shrug you let him know that he can take care of it. He looks back in front of him. "All right."

  The five of you make it to a table. "And finally, on the wall back there is a black panel. Blinky yellow light. Do you see it?" Rocket explains.

  Everyone turns around and eyes the panel on the watchtower. It's up high. Too high for anyone to reach on their own. Well...almost too high. Groot could probably get it.

"Yeah." Peter says as your group sits down.

Rocket sits at the head of the table while You and Peter sit to his left, and Gamora sits in front of you.

"There's a quarnyx battery behind it. Purplish box, green wires. To get into that watchtower, I definitely need it." Rocket continues as you look up at Groot who's still standing, and looking at the box.

With his tray, Groot walks away from the table. What's he doing? Is he going to get the battery? You should probably tell Rocket.

"How are we supposed to do that?" Gamora inquires, looking Rocket in the eye.

  "Uh, Guys." You voice as you watch Groot inch closer to the watchtower.

"Well, supposably, these bald-bodies find you and (y/n) attractive. So, maybe either of you could work out some sort of trade." Rocket spitballs.

"Ew." The words just slips from your mouth as you face Rocket for a moment.

"You must be joking." Gamora criticizes his dumb plan involving the two of you.

"No, I really heard they find you attractive." Rocket shoots back. That would sting if it wasn't coming from a two foot tall raccoon.

"Yeah, I don't like that." Peter begins, resting his hand close to your thigh. "There's probably another way."

  Your eyes dart down to his hand. Peter's fingers twitch a little, causing little sparks to shoot through your leg at his touch. Shaking your head, your attention is turned towards Groot. He's even closer to the watchtower now.

"Uh, Rocket-" you're cut off by Peter.

"Look, it's like 20 feet up in the air, and it's in the middle of the most heavily-guarded part of prison. It's impossible to get up there without being seen." Peter explains.