Chapter Seventeen

"Your first lesson..." Aragon turns around. "Is simple." He sits next to you, looking out upon Asgard from the mountain you're on.

"What is it?" You question, looking over at him.

"Remember when Peter almost died a year ago?" He answers with a question.

You nod. "How could I forget?"

"He should've died there. What was the point in saving him? He's an imbecile who only cares about himself." Aragon states.

  A small flame erupts in you, anger and surprise make themselves known. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" You shout as you stand up.

  "Why is it so wrong to say? He deserved to die. Just like he deserved to die when he thought he was saving you as the two of you drifted off into space." He calmly says.

  What in the actually fuck is going on with him? He seemed cool yesterday, and now he's acting like an asshole. Your veins feel as if they're being filled with lava.

"You're such a fucking asshole! What is wrong with you!?" You shout as that tingling comes back to you. It stems from your brain, and rushes through your body.

  "Both of the times he died was your fault. I wouldn't be surprised if all of your friends die because of you." His voice becomes stern.

"Stop it!" Your chest starts to rise and fall as you clench your fists by your sides.

  "I wouldn't be surprised if you also got Thor killed. Or even kill everyone on this planet." 

  "Enough!" You roar, a few trees falling down behind Aragon as he's thrown.

You walk closer to him as he stands up. "Don't you ever say that shit again!" You order, attempting to calm down a bit.

"Lesson one..." He shakes his head. "Learning to control your emotions."

You take a step back, realizing that what he said was to prove a point. When someone insults the ones you love, a fire is started within you.

"You must understand that your ability is dangerous. What you have just done, throwing me back and destroying some trees, it took me a few years to get to that level of power. And what you did just now when you were angry, you didn't even try. It didn't come as difficult. When you don't know how to control your power, your emotions can take over, releasing too much." He explains, taking steps towards you. "The power within you could hurt people. Destroy planets. Emotion is what brought your healing ability to the surface, was it not?"

You think back to last year when Peter was dying. That feeling of fear and sadness had been mixed inside of you. "Yes." You answer.

"And the first time you used your new found ability was when Yondu was threatening to kill Peter, yes?"

You nod. All of the times you've used the mind power was in instances of fear and anger. If your ability is as dangerous as everyone says, you may be in trouble.

"Liam taught you how to control your breathing when in a state of panic. He taught you to keep calm when in certain situations." Aragon takes a step forward. "All you must do is stay calm."

  "Easier said than done." You state, sitting down next to Aragon.

"Controlling your emotions isn't something I can necessarily teach you. All I can tell you is that you can channel your anger and fear into calmness."  He explains, looking over at you.